The beginning of the rest of your death

Let's roleplay, shall we? 

But first let me manage expectations a little bit: the part we played on reddit was somewhat self-standing, it had a beginning "Let's rescue Zane!" a middle "Break into the Zapper!" and an end "Escape the Shadowside!". What we will do here won't nearly be this solid. That was what it was because I wanted something a bit traditional to start us up, so from post 1 there was a clear mission in the horizon, a clear question of will-they/won't-they and a path forward. This won't happen again! There are no rails. From here on, you're on your own! Freedom! Do what you want! I'm at your service. I'm literally following you, not the other way around. I'm just RPing the NPCs and enjoying the show! That said (sorry I repeated myself so much!) let's play!

Categories

Setting:

Stage:

Players:

Post Frequency:

Currently Accepting New Players:

Replies

Forge's picture

O'Malley's. 

A familiar place, a warm place. In the same suburban neighborhood where Prince grew up, the old irish pub has barely been touched by time. It still has the old arcade machines in the back, it still serves the same greasy big burgers and fries.

Tonight, it's open for celebration. 

It's 2 AM. Prince and Katie are here, and so are the twins. Together, they've literally been to hell and back at the Zapper, and in the course of a few hours have experienced this life has more to offer than what the eyes can see in the natural world. 

Some questions still hang in the air. What will UncleThing say about the operation? It wasn't a success, after all, since Blackjack still has Zane. In fact, it could be argued that things are worse now, since Accelletrix wasn't aware of Zane being already at the Zapper, but now they are. 

What now? Blackjack said Accelletrix would "extract" the Wolf spirit out of Zane within three days time. He also said he would hear an offer from UncleThing. And what is the deal, after all, with these organizations? Scavenger, for all Prince and Katie knew, was a group of Urban Explorers with a penchant for creepypasta -are they more than they seem? And Accelletrix is known as a somewhat obscure corporation, heard about in news every now and then, but not an every day term for anyone who's not into foreign policy, technology or financials. 

What now, indeed?

-----------------------------

Meanwhile, Zane is riding shotfun on a Lexus, copilot seat. Blackjack, counter to stereotype, is not driving very fast for a highway -maybe 60mph, tops. Zane notices the agent uses his turn signals, and respects all stop signs. The music plays Pink Floyd, Pulse album.

Destination unknown, save for a few words about "headquarters" and "big toys".

(No turns! Feel free to post as much as you want.)

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Jonah Montclair

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Me lad [says Jonah, inside Prince's head] you and I are going to do GREAT things. Have you ever tasted rum? Do they have rum in this here inn? Ask the fine lass for some drinks! She likes you, you know! Ah, it's so good to be out here again! Good heavens! Have you ever seen the sea??

[The Whaler Man's excitement is literally something Prince can feel, and it's contagious. Perhaps this is a side effect of Hierogamy. Perhaps their moods will now be shared, too? This is something Prince has had time to wonder about, if not still resolve. Will he ever have any sort of privacy again? Will Jonah push him to do all sorts of perilous things, will he change him in any way? It's already 2 AM, that's somewhat unusual. But... adventure! .. Prince can feel Jonah is about ready to launch on a cross-country -nay, cross-continents journey via sea!]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Turtle Jim

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I'm sorry, Katie. May I call you Katie?

[Turtle sounds genuinely regretful, his question sincere. Katie can feel his confusion, his fear. Part of it is fear of his new status: he's fucking dead! It takes a while to sink in. She can read his thoughts even if he can't quite put them into words. He'll never have children. Mara. His poor girlfriend. How will he break the news? She'll leave him for sure -who wouldn't? Who could blame her? And UncleThing is not going to be happy. Not happy at all] {-we fucking lost Zane, hell, I died! I was one of Uncle's best guys. Goddamnit. Where did we fuck up? We should have aborted the moment the suit found us at this very bar. Everything after that point was destination fuckup city, no matter what I did. And FUCK how did I get so sloppy? So stupid, I was downed by a fucking Primal? Seriously? The fucking twins could have handled that. They handle dogs every fucking day at their sewer towns, why did I go into the hole first? And a grenade? FUCK, I could have just dug in with my nail, it would have been quieter. Oh shi, Mara. I'm so sorry. I'm so fucking sorry.......... fuck....}

[At this point, Katie feels Turtle is seriously about to cry, inside her head. His mood is contagious. She's not sure if this is genuine empathy, or just a side-effect of Hierogamy, but it's a downer. Suddenly she feels Turtle realizing that she can see him... and embarrasingly she feels him trying to put himself together again, and retreat to his corner. The old shame returns, the shame of being found out as a guy with UncleThing's orders, orders, that is, that specified she, and Prince, and everyone were expendable in the mission to get Zane. And that Zane was wanted to re-enslave that Accelletrix woman, the Red Wolf, that he carries within. So many thoughts. So many feelings.]

[Her shoulder hurts. It's sore, although the L4D bandage job Prince completed in the Shadowside seems to have worked better than expected...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Blackjack

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

So, how much do you want to know?

[Zane can tell Blackjack is asking a serious question. The man, for one, wears sunglasses at night as the song goes, and doesn't seem even a little bit tired for how late at night it is. ]

[Zane, on the other hand, feels exhausted. It has been a giant, trying, painful long day. He has been beaten, thrown around, nearly drowned, and barely understands what for and by whom. He knows they want the Wolf. He knows UncleThing's group wants it, and he knows Blackjack's group wants it. But why? And what will happen to him afterwards? How much, indeed, does he want to know?]

It's a fair question. [adds Blackjack]. If you want to return to a semblance of normality, the less you know the better. It's best for us all if you believe we're just shady corporations trading in occult matters and, perhaps some wishful thinking and therapy will convince you the Wolf was just your imagination. You could get your life back on track. Continue your career, make a living treating actual whackos. 

Or, you could take the red pill. Learn why we want the Wolf, and why you should cooperate with us, as opposed to UncleThing. It'll make things harder. It'll force choices on you, as we haven't invented that glorious light stick in Men In Black yet, and therefore we are forced to manage information risks like every other guy. Do you want to be an information risk? We're about 30 minutes from the helipad, and I promise you no one else anywhere will talk to you as straight as I will.

Take your time.

[he turns the wheel, gently hugging the curve of the highway. The lexus headlights illuminate the road ahead. It's a wonderful ride. Confortable, fast. Dark.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

A roll to make a good impression on Anne.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 9 = 9.

Markus "Prince" Crown

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[He smiles and lets some of Jonah's excitement flow over him]

{And what to do now? I can't jsut go back to normal, I need to find some way to keep doing this. It isn't free.} 

[he finishes his diet coke that he got on the walk here.]

{I saw the sea on vacation once, but I stayed in the hotel most of the time. Likes me you say?}

[He remembers how Anne was earlier when he was talking to her. How she smiled and might have actually given him that drink.] 

{Yeah, I think... maybe. I was here earlier. I'll give it a shot, but I don't want you... messing around and telling me what to do.}

 

[He gets up and heads over to the bar, trying to look confident as he heads to the bar to talk to Anne, the waitress.]

Sorry I left in a rush earlier; I think I left my drink. Friends were in a big hurry. How's your night been? [he smiles, hoping to get a friendly reaction]  

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Zane Carter

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Zane sat back in his seat, considering the offer for a minute before speaking.] Well, there's no way I'm going to be a shrink now. At the Zapper I found out some of the employees were more messed up than the patients. Then you have real psychos, like the Digger. {I wonder what happened to him? Probably got wasted by the guards. Can't say I feel bad.} I never wanted to be pulled into this, but now there's no way I can forget or pretend it didn't happen. I need to know what's happening to me, and why. I'm ready for some answers.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Jonah Montclair

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Aye, aye Captain -you won't hear a peep from me when the moment comes! I may be a man of the sea, but I'm also a gentleman!

But look: look at the flower she wears behind her left ear. It's a hibiscus, is it not? See, in Tahiti, this means the lass is available. 

Ah, don't waste your shore leave now, lad! Tell her... tell her... [he struggles to conjure a memory] ask her if she likes turtles. She will be puzzled. Then mention off hand that her voice reminded you an old Fijian tradition, the Calling of the Turtles, where the women of the island of Kaduva sing at the setting sun, and hundreds of turtles come ashore to hear their melodic voices. It's quite a sight, and your memory was suddenly jostled by her pleasant visage.

It works every time!

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

(CHA 4 vs Diffculty 3 "Normal" = needed an 8 or better. A 9 was rolled)

Anne, the waitress, seems very, very tired, but manages to conjure a genuine smile when she sees Prince approach. 

"Hey... you don't say, you really left in a rush there. Later on I heard a noise down the highway ramp, I was hoping it wasn't  you. That's right, I owe you a drink. We're about to close though, about 10 more minutes. Anyway, let me get that for you."

She walks away for a moment to pour some scotch in a glass.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Blackjack

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Well, not all, but some mental issues are external. You probably didn't learn this in school, but it has been learned that sentience does not originate inside our brains. Our brains can interpret sentience like radios interpret radio signals, and you've just been to the radio station. We call that Psychic Tempore. 

People like Digger are suffering from... bad antennas. The stations they tune in to are mostly trash, and sometimes stoways come through. You carry just such entity within you.

But she wasn't always a beast. The Red Wolf was once a woman, a brilliant scientist named Veronica Grozny, who worked for our organization. She was on the brink of achieving some sort of important milestone, one so grand I myself lack the clearance to know its details. This made her a threat.

You see, many groups exploit the Psychic Tempore, for many reasons. There is... healthy competition. My organization is a relative newcower, as the timelines go, but we're pretty special in the sense that we don't come as learners, nor explorers. We come as conquerors, and prospectors. Perhaps all do, but we're honest about it, and we have the technology. In our very short time playing the game we've already achieved things no one else had. Veronica was a threat, and we believe UncleThing had her killed.

Her spirit wandered and devolved into what you have today. How did she find you, and why did she choose you in particular, are questions I don't have answers for. At least not yet. But we will recover her, and nurse her back to sanity so that she may finish her project. You realize, UncleThing's intentions were less than pure. He would have banished the wolf spirit for good, or bound it to a slave of his, or made you his slave -whichever option presented itself the most feasible.

You were lucky to come with us. 

[The Lexus takes an off-ramp and starts driving through a narrower sideroad].

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

Markus "Prince" Crown

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[he smiles and sits nearby]

{Oh yeah... bit of noise or flaming vodka. I'll just say it wasn't us.}

[He waits for her to come back]

We should catch a movie or something sometime. I think I just got a new job and I'm kind of excited about it. It's not... final, yet. But there was a sort of interview and team building thing to try out candidites. I think I did pretty good. 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Katie Hensmith

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Katie, despite being in a bar at a table with her "associates" and sipping a Scotch on the rocks, has a 81007-A headband magnifier with small LEDs across her forehead and is using a screwdriver on a tiny circuit board. Strewn about her across the table are small pieces of electronics and a toolkit open.]

{Look, Turtle, you call me anything you like. I don't really have a choice or any form of retaliation possible if I didn't like it. I assume you've seen my memories. You can understand I don't like men, and the last thing in the world I wanted was to take this spirit pact with... a guy.}

Hey, you want to go catch a movie Prince? See some horror splatter flick? Or..I didn't take you for chick flicks... but whatever you wanna see, suggest something.

Oh, an can one of you gentlemen order me another scotch. I've about dusted this one.

{I just couldn't leave you, Turt. You know? The way you went out, that just wasn't right. Fucked up. Call me a bleeding heart but I couldn't leave a man behind. So now we're stuck together. You an me. Better get comfortable with computer hacking, tons of getting high, and all the lesbian sex you wished for. You help get me out of the gutter - get me some money, I'll do everything I can for you. I guess I can also go by and talk to Mara. Help give her closure, you know? And should I go talk to UncleThing? If you were his best guy, I guess now we're his best "guys".}

Hey, do you guys feel like you're up to robbing an electronics distribution center?

[Katie smiles, a smaller screwdriver clenched between her teeth as she finally clamps the circuitboard to a black frame with other tools.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

The twins have been quiet -more so than usual- the entire time. 

They occasionally glance at eachother, then stare down their glasses of whisky. Something is bothering them, deeply. 

Anne, the waitress, returns with a glass of scotch and a smile for Prince, then just plain scotch for Katie. 

"Hey, congratulations about that [she says to Prince] I'm sure you'll get the job. Who knows, we could go to the movies some day. [she smiles, as she can't believe she's just said that]. I get off at 4 on Fridays. [she casually glances at Katie, with her LED headband and screwdriver between her teeth] but let me know first who else is coming, okay?"

Saying so she turns around and walks to the other edge of the pub to begin flipping the chairs upside down and mounting them on the tables. 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Turtle Jim

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Yeah.. about that... 

[Katie can feel Turtle relax somewhat, inside her mind. He's still tense, as could be expected from someone who has just gone through the literally greatest shock of his life, but he's starting to focus on the nearer-term and calm himself down.]

Yes. To everything. Hhh. 

Look, I'm not sure we're still on UncleThing's side. Or, if he's still in ours. He's not going to take too kindly to the fact that we let Zane go. You can see the twins there -they're fucking nervous and they don't even belong to Uncle's group. They're a good-faith loan from Big Sis. Oh god, I have so much shit to put you up to date about. Basically, the short version is that Big Sis believes in charity and sugar spice and everything nice, but they're ridiculously powerful and are ready for war due to another feud they had with another group, Malleus, bunch of religious wackos. Anyway, when Big Sis heard Uncle's plans to get the wolf outta Zane at whatever cost, they offered the help of the twins in exchange for the promise that Zane would not get hurt. Essentially, they were trying to keep Zane alive, maybe even tame or rehabilitate the wolf, but you know now Uncle was bluffing when he agreed to that. Truth is everyone was expendable. Even the twins. I'm not sure how the whole thing is gonna play out. We should get some sleep tonight and go to Uncle's tomorrow. 

Btw, don't worry about returning to your day job. You're not going to be rich, but you're not going to have to worry about paying the rent anymore. At least that's one good thing. Your roommate can come along, too, provided he knows how to be discrete. My place is in downtown. It's.. also where Mara lives. 

[Here, Katie feels Turtle starting to stumble, again]...

If... you could talk to her. You know, it would mean a lot to me. It would really mean a lot to me. I.. have no one else. 

And... I haven't looked too much into your memories to be honest. I kinda want to respect it, and... I don't think I could deal with heavy stuff right now. All I know is what I saw in the Shadowside. All I can tell you is that he wasn't really a man. He was an animal, and they come in all genders. Anyway...

[Turtle looks around, she can feel him looking for something that has the meaning of "home". Something safe. Some rest. He can't find any. He keeps talking]

Yeah, I wanna learn electronics and all that shit. I dropped out at 10th grade. In exchange, I'm gonna introduce you to my gang. Chances are I.., I mean, we... we'll still get to be their leader, or leaders. Maybe. Who knows. You may be forced to prove yourself or something. But it's worth it. My dogs have been around the block, and they could help us smooth things over with Uncle, and if not, well, then we'll specially need them, more than ever...

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Trapturtle's picture

Zane Carter

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Not to sound ungrateful, but I didn't really have a choice. [The wolf had been surprisingly quiet since leaving P.T. though Zane could feel that it was scared. She. She was scared.]

{Look, calm down. There people are just trying to help you, help us.}

[Zane had heard that kind of talk plenty of times before. Usually from the doctors and orderlies at the Zapper.]

{I hope.}

So what's your story? How did you get involved in all this?

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Markus "Prince" Crown

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[He smiles to Anne, the waitress]
Thanks, that sounds... great! I need a number though so we can set it up later. [he says before she walks away] And it wil be just us. 

[He points to katie] Oh, sorry! This is Katie and the Twins. I forgot their names, unfortunately. We just met earlier.

[He takes a sip of the rum that she brought him and is taken back by the taste of it]

{that doesn't taste like how it looks! It looks all brown and sweet and it tastes like rubbing alcohol and caramel flavorings!}

[He tries to maintain his composure as the hard alcohol hits him for the first time. With Anne a safe distance away, he turns to Katie and the twins again]

So, what now? Is there someway we can make a living with this shadow stuff? I don't think it's good if I live with my parents while we're doing this. We need a team name! The Dependables! No... that sounds like an adult diaper. The Othersiders?

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Rolled 1d20. Result: 4 = 4.

Jonah Montclair

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

OOOOHHHH HEAVENSSSSS

[Prince can feel a wave of ecstasy wash over him. How long had it been since Jonah the Whaler Man had had rum? Decades. Nearly a century. It tastes like heaven. He begins a sea chantey, spontaneously]

Boney was a warrior, 

Away ay-yah! 

A warrior and a tarrier, 

John Fran-swor! 

[Prince suddenly has flashbacks of the sea, and the swaying motion of a ship, and men, friends, brothers, drinking together under a fine blue sky en route to some tropical pacific island]

Boney fought the Roo-shi-ans, 

Away ay-yah! 

Boney fought the Proo-shi-ans. 

John Fran-swor! 

[it's somewhat hard to maintain his composture.] (rolling for CON on your behalf)

Give her the topgallantsails; 

It's a weary way to Baltimore. 

Drive her, captain, drive her, 

And bust the chafing leather! 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

(CON of 9 vs Diff of 3 needed a 5 or more. A 4 was rolled)

Prince feels the swaying of the ship suddenly get to him, and has to visibly hold on to the bar to keep his composture and not fall. It's quite a reaction to a gulp of rum, even if it was the first time! Prince has no doubt it had to be Jonah's effect on him amplifying everything. But it feels so damn good!!.

Anne smiles to Prince from a distance. It's hard to tell what kind of smile it is, based on Prince's reaction to the drink, but it was likely endearing. He feels confident that way. 

Suddenly Katie's phone, Jonah's phone and the twins' phones all start ringing exactly at the same time. A quick glance at the screen shows a zombified Robin Williams. 

The twins look at each other and shake their heads. They're not answering. Then they look at Katie and Prince. 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Rolled 1d20. Result: 12 = 12.

Krasnyy Volk

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[growls softly. Kane can feel her. Something changed in the Shadowside. It wasn't like this before... before it was just nightmares. Occasional blackouts, but most of all total silence. Now there is some sort of connection, some sort of bond. He can feel her. She's afraid. She doesn't know where she's going. She was yanked out of the cold, watery place where she felt safe. She would like to go back. But can't. She's tied, here. Tied, and hungry, and cornered.]

(Rolling a general dice to see the Wolf's self-control. The higher the better.)

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Zane can feel the animal, for now, is willing to go along. Distrustful, but cooperating, or at least not actively rebelling. 

A second thought arrives and it's somewhat more worrisome: she will soon be hungry

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

just in case
Rolled 1d20. Result: 20 = 20.
first impression
Rolled 1d20. Result: 2 = 2.

[Prince feels the alcohol start to rush over him and mix with Jonah's memories of excitement. What begins as a quiet song to himself builds up and grows louder as voice is given to Jonah's song]

{Dang it Jonah!}

[He finds himself laughing and actually enjoying this!]

[And then his phone rings and he answers it on the first ring]

Free Agent Prince, at your service! [he feels damn good about himself right now]

(edit, the first roll is my roll for first impression. I originally had it ready just in case anything happened, but then realized what it could be used for when he answered the phone.  )

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Blackjack

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

NSA, CIA, Yemen, Monrovia. Saw too much bad shit, got fed up with politicians and went into the private sector. After that it was friends of friends making referrals, blind-phone interviews, a battery of tests, more interviews, field tests, and then I was hired. It was grunt work the first few years, security operations in China, escorting VIPs in Moscow, etc. I signed up for PT-Enablement, got my modules, and then the fun stuff begun.

There's a 7-way cold war going on, and the world has no fucking idea. We're going to win though. Everyone else is too tied up in ancestral vendettas or mythology, or too deep up their own damn asses to see the long term endgame. The Psychic Tempore has been with us since the beginning of time, and until we came along, mankind had been content merely poking it with a stick and then running away. We're not like that. In it to win it, yadda yadda, etc. 

[Saying so, he brings up his smartphone to his face -apparently the device has now magically recovered after getting wet in the Shadowside?] 

Hey. Yeah. Yeah he's here. Is the bird fueled up? Ok. Be there in 5. 

[he hangs up, and the Lexus suddenly takes an unpaved side road. Kicking up dust in the night, driving through the coarse desert terrain, the car finally reaches a fence. It looks like a military base, with watch-towers and spotlights and barb-wire. The fence slides open for the car; Blackjack rolls down his window. A guard peers in, nods at Blackjack, then stares at Zane almost with fascination. Blackjack cuts it off by rolling his window back up, and the car is on the move again]

Welcome to Sierra-7. We're getting on a chopper, here.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

(ooc: Hello? This is still going right? It's been over a day! I'm itching to get this ball rolling again!)

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

(lol, sorry, I set the "Post Frequency" to "A few times a day on weekdays" ^_^ I'm sure tomorrow Monday Zane and Katie will come roaring back, as will I!)

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Katie Hensmith

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Katie casually lifts one eyebrow and looks at Prince.] A team name? We're superheroes now? .... [Katie thinks for a moment.] Well this whole thing feels pretty unnatural. So I vote for The Unnaturals. And we can take a hint from modern movies, and all wear matching leather trenchcoats with suave glasses.

[Katie finishes mounting the circuit board and puts it inside a static-free-bag, putting her tools away.] I have to go take a piss. Watch my scotch. [Katie heads towards the ladies restroom.]

{Alright Turtle, time you got to see this first hand. Must be your big day. No more hiding outside the women's restroom and watching through the window.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Markus "Prince" Crown

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

(ooc: I think there should be a QUOTE function like other forums have. That way we can c/p the response we're replying to when it runs long. Like if we're responding to something that happened 3 posts ago but we were away.) 

[Marcus nods inr esponse to being asked to watch her drink.]

{Now to wait for the call. Hmmm... I wonder what other Espers are like to bond with. Yeah, like summons. Espers.  A girl wouldn't be so bad, right?}

[He looks at his phone, wondering why there's no one responding to him.]

{Maybe it's like a telemarketer and there's a ten second delay.} 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

{If he Heirogamy's Bahamut I will fall over laughing.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

(ooc: I spent the weekend coding! I'll probably do that every weekend, hence the OP's settings. Back to the game!)

"Yes, Free Agent Prince [says the voice from the other side. It sounds distorted -no doubt filtered through a number of audio masks. No one has heard what UncleThing sounds like in real life, as far as Prince knows.] I heard about how you did at the Zapper; [the voice continues] Blackjack filed a brief marking you as a PRC -that's Accelletrix lingo for Potential Recruitment Candidate. I hope you're not flattered, Mr. Prince. That's like Goebbels saying you'd look good in a guard uniform for Auschwitz. Make no mistake, free agent, Zane remains on his way to the gas chambers, so to speak. You failed to break him out. Turtle slipped, and the rest of you got buttered up. Not my words, Blackjacks's. Read them. I can email you the PDF, if you want, I have it right here. Yes, he sent it over an unsecured network. Mistakes were made. You should pick your sides very carefully, Markus..."

The Twins are looking at Markus with concern in their eyes. 

Katie has walked away to the ladies room. Anne is far away sorting out chairs and tables.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Forge's picture

Turtle Jim

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Katie feels that nearly lost in the whirlwind of conflicting emotions over his own death, his own loss, the fear for Mara and for the the future... Turtle hides a wee bit of excitement about being *in* a girl, furthermore a girl that has promised girl-on-girl action. She can detect this in him, she can detect the mix of shame, shyness and eagerness that is the daily life of teenage boys. Except Turtle is no teenager, and should have greater things to be worrying about. She can feel him going back to Mara, and flashbacks of his intimate moments with her briefly wash over Katie's mind for a second or two. He didn't mean to. He doesn't know how to draw a privacy curtain to separate his thoughts from hers, yet. Lots to learn, still. Lots of adjustments needed, for the new Hierogamy life.]

Right... [he says, trying to sound nonchalant, as she opens the ladies' room door] I feel like I'm back to being a teenager living with my two older sisters...

Worse, I don't know how much time we have left. UncleThing moves fast. We should give him a call at least... before we go see my gang, and Mara...

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Trapturtle's picture

Zane Carter

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Zane didn't expect to get answers so easily. He expected to hear "It's classified" or "need to know". With how easy it had been to get the information, Zane was begining to wonder if what he had been hearing was true. ]

It's hard to believe that someone would want to get involved in all this. If I had the choice, I wouldn't touch this stuff with a ten foot poll. Shadow organizations, secret wars, it's every paranoid schizophrenic's worst nightmare come true. I suppose it really doesn't matter what you tell me, if I try to tell anyone else about all this, they'll just send me straight back to the looney bin. 

 

 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

this is a Cha roll to get Unclething to offer something to him, Like pay; a way to keep this lifestyle going. And he's willing to help Zane as well. But he still really wants a way to keep doing this and not be homeless. Or living with his parents.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 10 = 10.

Markus "Prince" Crown

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[He's unshaked by Unclething right now, especially after the night he's had.]

[He mentally imagines the various dialogue options he can go with, like in Fallout. Angry. Apologetic. Cocky. Scared.]

{I'm going with... cocky. People keep pushing me around tonight. Time to push back.}

Look, we came out of the Shadows and had a room full of guns pointed at us. Room full of guys like Blackjack. If we tried to fight, we'd be dead and Zane too most likely. You want us to try again, give us some info to work with. Hell, you're lucky anyone made it away at all.

Especially when we aren't getting paid for any of this. Right now, I'm glad to be alive. I don't care about working for Acceletrix right now {thought that might change. This guy is shiftier than Blackjack} so calm down. 

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

Pages

Use of this site implies agreement with the Terms of Use. This is our Privacy Policy. Questions? Contact me.
© Marco Leon 2012 Drupal Theme based on "Decayed" by moldham.