The Setting Sun

The darkness is drawing closer. Preston has been hidden away, deep in the Shadowside where no one can find him. Meanwhile Yury has commandeered an Accelltrix Comms van and escaped into the Shadowside where he joined with Sabrina, the leader of the Las Vegas Coven, and Agent Irina, an Accelltrix agent with an unusual partner. They exited the shadows in the woodlands of Michigan, contacted Boris and agreed to meet in Chicago where they can launch an investigation as to whether Accelltrix is involved with plan to sever the Shadowside from reality.

Also we met Sunshine, a hippie joined to an Archangel that travels the world dispensing justice and exorcising innocents in the name of the lord.

Categories

Setting:

Stage:

Players:

Post Frequency:

Currently Accepting New Players:

Replies

Trapturtle's picture

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[The rest of the trip to Chicago passes rather uneventfully. Sabrina and Anna are getting along much better than they did at the beginning of the trip, meaning they are no longer about to rip each other's heads off the second they are left alone together. By the time they reach the Fairmont, Boris is still a few hours away.]

I know you were mad earlier, but I'm still in the hotel systems. We could still try to get some alone time with the agent. Or if you prefer we could just get free room service and pay per view.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Raguel, Archangel of Justice

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[The sun hot sun rises over Las Vegas. Sunshine is wakened by Raguel bright and early. When they are working, he always insists on starting the day early.]

Awake! The new dawn has come, it is time to do the Lord's work.

[Raguel always tries to project an aura of calm and patience, however after being bonded for the better part of three decades, Sunshine can feel his excitement to dispense justice. It is his duty, his job, his whole reason for existing, and he loves it.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{Ah, you naughty girl, I knew is not only Yury being interested in cute agent body, ah? Lady Luck never change! Wait, you're hack in hotel systems? Gospodi, I thought you were only call to make reservations like regular person, haha -you are very dangerous dudette!} [Yury is definitely feeling in a great mood as the Porsche goes around Lakeshore Drive and he gets to see the skyscrapers, the beautiful beach by the lake on the right side of the road, the fountains and grass of Millennium Park, and amazing architecture on the left, and then he has to make a left turn on Randolph street for the majestic hotel. Everything is beautiful] {You're ever think Amerika is this beautiful?}

{Yeah, let's make play for agent, why not! If it happens happens. If not happens, at least we are together in dreams you and I as always, eh? Busy day tomorrow! Will spend it buying Somosa dust, catching up on news, and building Boris legend. We have much to do!}

Ladies, hotel is here. All is paid for; I give car to valet, and we walk in to get keys from front-desk. Also, please have this: [he gives each Irina and Sabrina a roll of 20 dollar bills he got from the ATM] in case needing for tips. Always tip well; Yury knows how is like being survive on tips. Dark times. But better times now. Amerika! By the way, hotel registered to name Boris Ivanov and frends. You are frends.

[Yury is in a good mood, and ready to see how well the night goes, according to Lady Luck's Transylvanian standards...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Sunshine

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Sunshine looks out over the glistening reflective metal of a city. The casino lights are off but the valley of metal and glass glimmers as a rising flood, the illusion of massive roads of heat rising up. It's already an ungodly 100+ degrees. A far cry from the shady rainy forests Sunshine's spent the last decade in. A cold bath remedies it as much as a bandaid covers a gunshot wound.]

[Even now she wipes the sweat from her brow. Here in the 70 degree conditioning of her hotel room. Sunshine has quickly braided her hair back into two tails that fall upon her shoulders. Like a female Willie Nelson, bandanna across her forehead. Soon Sunshine is dressed in her nun habit, as indistinguishable from an aged Julie Andrews ready to climb every mountain. Which makes her younger looking, Sunshine's face didn't age as bad as expected. She could pass for forty now.]

Alright Raguel. I don't know how quick we'll get to dispensing justice. But it just makes the anticipation so much more exciting, don't it?

[Sunshine rarely reduces her conversations with the Angel to thoughts. She always talks out loud. When people are around, especially with the nun habit, she just glances up as if she's speaking with God. Bathed, dressed, it's time for a prayer.]

Thank you Lord this morning light, this calm. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man. But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple. Amen.

[Under her habit she's got a shoulder holster where Ol Faithful would fit in easy draw through an invisible hole in her habit. On her left thigh a thick hunting knife, her right thigh a Kel-Tec P-32, a small thing that fits in her palm. Until she has clear info, Ol Faithful stays in her trunk in the van. Across her stomach is a neon green belly bag filled with her personals and a box of tiny .32 ACP ammunition.]

Alright. Let's start our day.

[Sunshine is headed to her local parish, her first big contact that Father O'Connel would have stopped by as well.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Sabrina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Well this is unusual.

[She takes the money from Yury, looking slightly confused. It's probably more money than she's ever had at one time.]

You seem to be quite well off, especially for someone who doesn't seem to care about material goods. Think of all the hungry people I could feed with this. If it's all right with you, I plan to put what's left of this towards funding my soup kitchen back in Las Vegas. Thank you for this.

It's important not to forget the small things. I've been around for awhile and there's always another crisis, another evil threatening the world. At the end of the day you have to remember what you're fighting for.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Agent Anna Irina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Friends? That might be a bit generous. I haven't forgotten that I'm only here because you kidnapped me, and keep the money, I'll get by.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, but I've got Murphy screaming in my ear. He doesn't like you very much. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll come around as long as you're honest with me. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to check out my room.

[She leaves for the front desk to get her room key, from there she heads off to take the stairs to her room.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[The church is a small building that looks like it hosts more drunk, impromptu weddings than Sunday masses. The sign above the door identifies it as Saint Peter's Catholic Church. Sunshine is greeted by an elderly man, deathly thin wearing traditional priest garb. He appears to be alone, sweeping up after what must have been quite the celebration. As the man approaches Sunshine, she notices the ring on his finger, marking him as a member of Malleus Diaboli.]

Hello Sister, my name is Father Mark. What brings you to our humble parish?

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Sunshine

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Sunshine's infamous legend precedes her. People know of her. No one knows her name but certain details about her will give it away. So she's cautious. She has the ring of Malleus but she keeps it around her neck below her cross.]

Hello Father! [She shakes his hand in greeting. This is the test and Raguel is ready for it every time.] I'm Sister Sosnowski. The archdiocese sent me and I have some questions about Father O'Connel.

{What's the burden on our Father Mark, I wonder. No matter. I don't suspect we'd have time to remove him and I'd have to get permission from headquarters.}

[The reason being, of course, that the majority of people she's killed have been members of the church, several of them Malleus. When a priest has gone rogue or fallen, the church calls her. The infamy of the priest assassin precedes her, a mysterious Keyser Soze with no name and no face. Witnesses are generally just as unfortunate. Luckily it's been eight years since she's killed one of her own.]

He was investigating the area for a young child who may be possessed. I've been sent to help him in his investigation, and if possible...

[Her eyes glaze with that familiarity of comfort.]

Remove the evil.

[It's almost like Sunshine has two legacies. The exorcist is a completely different reputation, one she's slightly proud of. Still, she attempts to keep modest. If anyone were to find out to much about her, to even possibly link her to the exorcism or worse, to the executor, then she'd lose her stealth coverage.]

Have you seen Father O'Connel?

[Removing the laymen is simple. They are the Lord's flock. But removing a member of the Church requires authorization... or very compelling circumstances.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Couple rolls for researching the Somosa situation in Chicago before bed.
Rolled 2d20. Result: 4, 10 = 14.

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Is electronic Robin Hooding kind thing [he says to Sabrina, and as Irina returns her stash of 20s, he gives the agent a military good-bye salute with one hand off the forehead, and takes back the money with the other, promptly turning and giving it to Sabrina instead] I was homeless once in Bosnia, bad times. Money is funny thing, mostly paper, people kill for it, very curious. I'm not having any possessions at all, I'm only get paper when paper is needed; mostly tips!

[He reaches in, gives Sabrina a grandson-like kiss on her forehead] You are godsend for feeding homeless, never change. See you tomorrow morning breakfast at 9, good sleep, nice sheets!

[Turning to Irina] Good night agent. Good night Monkey Murphy, try not break shit too much, get her in debts she can't pay, eh?

{Nah, don't worry baby. Not big care where agent sleeps as long as sleeps and not calls Company people. A leetle tired myself. Let's have good night rest, happy dreams, wake up early and start looking for Somosa dust in craigslist or something, eh? We are need something to trade back to gangsters. Information probably. We maybe have time before Boris arrives. Actually.... I should be doing that before I'm sleep...}

[And so Yury goes to his room, and instead of sleeping, he decides to stay awake just a little bit more, trying to get the lay of the land in Chicago. Trying to find out where are the Somosa holed up, who are their enemies, and what information can he dig out about their enemies, that he could then sell the next day in exchange for Somosa dust. He does this research for about 3 hours before going finally to sleep.... and plan the errands of the next day, including replacing a tire in the Porsche, or buying a new spare one...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Trapturtle's picture

Herman Polk wakes up in a cold sweat in the luxury hotel room. The details of the nightmare he had just woken up from quickly drained from his mind until nothing was left but a lingering sense of fear.

The previous day had been unusual to say the least. It started with him being called into the office of his bosses boss and told he was being sent an a job consulting for an outside company. The details were scarce, but apparently the job was very important and if done correctly would put him on the fast track to bigger and better things. They had even flown him out to the job on a private jet and provided him with first class accommodations.

According to the clock next to his bed, it's 7:13. He has some time before his meeting with the mystery client at 9:00. What does he do?

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

It is good to meet you, Sister Sosnowski. Is there anything I can get you? Water, or Tea? I believe that we should discuss the matter of Father O'Connel in a more private location.

[He leads her to a small room behind the chapel where the priest's prepare for the service. It contains a small kitchen with a cot folded up in the corner. This is probably where Father Mark lives.]

Father O'Connel was sent to investigate strange disturbances having to do with the connections between us mortals and our saints. I myself have felt it's effects, though at the time I believed that it was a test of faith. O'Connel believed that it was the work of an evil spirit working through a young boy. he took two of my trainees and went to find the boy. That was two days ago, and I haven't heard a word from him since.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

(Roll to find Somosa. Difficulty 4 vs. Awareness 10, a 5 was needed a 4 was rolled.)

If it's alright with you, I'm going to monitor any incoming and outgoing calls from the agent's phone. You know, trust but verify.

[Yury's online search for a local group of Somosa comes up with nothing. They're not the most tech savvy group, but it's still rather unusual to find no digital trace of them. It's almost as if they were purposefully staying off the grid...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Sunshine

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{Are you able to judge his soul or not, Raguel?}

Don't suppose I have time for much, I'm afraid. [She looks around at his life style. As humble and pious as the best of them.] Water maybe.

Do you know where they headed? As private and structured as we are, O'Connel didn't reveal much to the archdiocese. So I'm running on empty here. We haven't located if he was staying anywhere and we haven't been able to find out where he went.

If he was... if he faced some horrible fate, sad to think what your trainees faced, then I have to find his notes and continue searching for the boy.

I've got good word from above that the boy is certainly a problem. Especially if the father is missing. We just don't know exactly what the boy is or his connection to the disconnection.

[She looks around, casually glancing at his personal settings. Sunshine accepts a glass of water and thanks him.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Trust, but verify! Is Reagan say first, no? He is speaking to Gorbachev, but is not knowing russians invented proverb first, Doveryai no Proveryai!! [Yury's brain is addled by the lack of sleep, and when he blinks he finds himself falling asleep for longer and longer periods, eventually realizing he was googling for "why somosantos never caucasian", which makes him giggle in a very silly way]

Aw fuck it. Too tired for this shit. Time to sleep! Sweet dreams. ... I wait for you in dreams, Lady Luck. Please be there when awake. I lose my shit without you. Don't wake up to bad news again. Poor Preston. Feel bad for boy. Wonder where is Lydia now. Boris.... is coming... [he's laying face down on the soft soft bed, eyes closed, speech slurred, trying not to drool] could do empathy on socks. Hehe. FtM. Foot to mouth. Could learn food. Kissing? Brushing... teeth....

[He falls asleep. When he wakes up tomorrow, after taking a reinvigorating shower, he will call on Boris to make sure everything is going according to plan, then he will try to catch up on the latest gossip he can find online from all the orgs, until it's time for breakfast, at 9, which he promised to Sabrina, and where he expects to find Irina again.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

AppendixG's picture

malloc()

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Too much to drink. The benefit of private travel. A hangover compounded by jet-lag, the time difference throws Polk two hours forward into an unfamiliar future. Polk tumbles out of the king size bed and lands in a pile of of black fabric. Pulling a T-shirt on, he lumbers into the room's kitchen area and snatches a grapefruit from a bowl left on the counter.]

Let's see what I can dig up on this client.

[Polk pulls his laptop across the counter, folding it open, he boots up and logs in.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Raguel, Archangel of Justice

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

This one is difficult. He has guilt, plenty of guilt. There are mistakes in his past, though he is trying to repent. I do not believe that he is deserving of our punishment at this time.

I have to wonder if this is hard for you. There have been other before you who were not able to bear the weight of the duty you bear. Though you are stronger than them. I sense that was the reason I was sent to you.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[Sunshine can hear the father tapping his feet underneath the table. That and the bags starting to form under his eyes tell her he probably hasn't gotten any sleep in the last couple days.]

I just want you to bring back my children safely, though I believe it might already be too late for that. The last thing I heard from them was Father O'Connel was taking them to an area in the poorer part of the city. There were several disappearances in the area and he believed they were somehow connected to the child. And I believe there was a soup kitchen, that might be a good place to start.

You know, after this mission they were supposed to have their communion. I just hope that...

[His voice trails off, he stares off into space for a second before bringing his focus back to Sunshine.]

Please bring them back.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Agent Anna Irina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury comes down to breakfast to find Anna sitting in the back of the dining area, carefully positioned to have a clear path to the exits as well as having good sight lines on every possible approach. In front of her is a cup of coffee and a plateful of pancakes.]

Look who finally decided to wake up. How do you get anything done sleeping all day? Anyway, have you seen the old lady? I haven't seen her since we got here. And according the front desk, she's not in her room.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[The computer screen blinks to life with the familiar log on chime. Within minutes he's digging up anything he can find on his new employer. He was never given the name of any individuals, just the name of the company that has hired him, Clearwater Logistics. It didn't take much time to find that it was some kind of shell company, with a chain of ownership so long it would take most people days to unravel. Fortunately for him, Polk isn't most people. After about an hour of searching revealed that Clearwater is a division of Accelltrix Incorporated.]

[Most people know them as the tech giant that has contracts to make computers for the government. What most people don't know is they've got their fingers in everything from pharmaceuticals to weapons manufacturing. As well as being the subject of several buried scandals and dozens of conspiracy theories.]

[Looking down the the bottom of the screen, he realizes it's getting late. He'll have to hurry if he's going to make his meeting on time.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Sunshine

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Sunshine nods, looking at the door.]

Very well, father. Very well.

{Nothing? Silence? Our priest here is honest, ey?}

I'll start at the soup kitchen. [She pulls a notebook and gets the info from him.]

[She smiles and shakes his hand.]

You're lucky, Father Mark. Good and lucky. Malleus looks good on it's own, but always weary of heresy. Generally I pluck heresy out.

However, it seems you're clean. Keep up the good work father, I'll let the diaocese know how well you're doing here. [She moves to the door, grabbing the handle in calm hand.] I will find them and bring them back. If at worst, I'll bring them for a good Lord's burial. Only right. I'm hoping I bring them in safe as they left you.

Good day father.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Is not time, dear agent, is timing! [says Yury, in response, before sitting down to eat. He orders pancakes] Not worry about babushka, I'm tell you she is like disappear. Probably feeding homeless with Yury ill-gotten money. Good woman she is. World needs more like her. Wonder what she is looking like when is young, or in low light. Soon will find! Her granddaughter comes with Boris, so far.

{Good morning, babiest of babes. Glad seeing you are still with me. Okay. Enough fooling around, eh? Michigan detour took us off rhythm. Time to get back in game! Time to make moves again! Please get us download of Saphri taxes from Clark County, da! Thelema fuckers are very secretive, but I'm not think they dare cheat too much on Uncle Sam. In taxes we will find dependents, real estate owned, sittings in boards of charities for deductions, exceptions claimed, whole enchilada. Must be something interesting and exploitable, not you think? Must craft master plan of doom before pancakes are all eat!}

[Yury begins eating] So. Is good thing Murphy not burn hotel room, ah? [he smiles to the agent] You are ready to start learning Company secrets? [and saying so, he gently removes her bracelet and places it on the table before him.] I'm hack this device in Shadowside, turn off emergency beacon, but have no connectivity to lurk more. Now we are sea of connectivity. Remember Motel 6 incident? Remember phone call from Saphri demanding rendition of Boris? Well, let us follow up on developments! Also, let's see if your bosses are miss you yet.

[And so Yury, not caring that Murphy broke the mute functionality, plugs his USB cable and uses the rest of the bracelet's previously hacked features to access at least the surface of the Accelletrix network, going no further than their intranet level for now, assuming each agent has his/her own customized news stream and need-to-know. This is good enough if that's the case, he figures, because the agent he got this bracelet from was already in the Get-Boris mission, which happens to be the mission Yury is interested in following up on. Particularly, Yury wants to find out what happened to the enmity between Accelletrix and Saphri he tried to plant with that fake phone call he placed at Motel 6, what was the reaction of the Company to losing Irina, their next steps, any intel or clues they are following up on to find either Boris or Irina, whether they know of him by his real name Yury Konstantin, what happened to Lydia, etc. He needs this info, while Lady Luck gets the Saphri taxes, and while he stuffs his face with pancakes, using his other hand.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Trapturtle's picture

[Walking down the streets to the soup kitchen, Sunshine notes that they unnaturally empty. In fact the area around the kitchen seems very much like a ghost town in the middle of the city. The only living soul she encounters is a small child, meekly peeking out of an alley before being pulled back out of sight. It's obvious the people who live here are afraid of something.]

[The kitchen itself is a small building down an alley with a small sign above the door that simply reads "Sabrina's". On the door Sunshine recognizes the symbol of the Sisterhood of Salem.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Roll to Access the Accelltrix network. Hacking 15 vs Difficulty 7 a 6 is needed.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 2 = 2.

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I'll see what I can do, but that means I'll probably have to sift through dozens of assets, tax shelters, and offshore accounts. You know those Thelma have their money tied up in so many knots they don't even know where all of it is, lucky for us that usually means they won't notice if some of it goes missing. It's not that I can't do it, but it'll probably take awhile to dig up everything. Lets start with domestic properties and accounts, I'll tell you when I've got something.

[Unfortunately for Yury, the bracelet seems to have been locked out of the Global Accelltrix Network. Accelltrix probably found out that the agent had lost his bracelet and disabled it's network access to prevent security breaches. With proper equipment and some work he could probably get back in, but it won't be easy.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Hacking via Sigil
Rolled 2d20. Result: 19, 2 = 21.

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury just sighs and shakes his head...] I had already hacked this bracelet before, it was already mine, just like the Mustang. Now I have to do it again? Bypass again the feature that makes it work for just one specific agent? Fuck. It's like... every single pebble in road is just waiting to trip us, no? Next thing is random office-dweller discover irregular IP traffic in Clark County network and kicks us out. Or Boris is stopped by police because tail-light is off. Or Babushka is not come back and we have to waste another day looking for her. Is like.... I want move, agent, I really do, but swimming against stream here, getting nowhere. Half mind to just let the other orgs fucking hunt Saphri for us; I bet all are happiness and joy about losing hierogamy partners, eh?

[He sighs and just puts down the fork with the last bite of the pancake in there still....]

Who am I kidding. Could never do. Could never lose my Lady Luck, not even five minutes. Lose my shit in five minutes. Fine. Fine, let's do it again, Yury, patience. [He puts aside the empty plate of pancakes, brings out the foldable keyboard, and devotes himself to hacking the device again, just like he did the first time in the Shadowside, and if that fails, then he brings up his sharpie, and writes on the bracelet "OPENSESAME", as scavengers usually do when hacking (for 10 MND), so that he can keep trying again and again until there's something else to do, which at the moment there isn't, since he got no leads on Somosa either, and since Lady Luck will need time to find dirt on Saphri] {So don't feel bad you're doing chores, baby, I'm doing chores too. We're both choring. We are chorers. Also, if not clear: we not want Saphri money. Only dirt -info can use to exploit him. Intel to sell to his enemies, or help us sabotage. You know deal baby, no rush. Literally nothing else to do, eh? Until Boris is come, is only hacking and eating pancakes, and we're all out of pancakes.}

Feel free to watch TV or something [he says to Irina] or maybe go looking for Babushka? Sorry if bored. Trying my best here.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

AppendixG's picture

malloc()

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Slamming his laptop shut and throwing it into a leather messenger bag, Polk makes for the door.]

Being late to the first meeting is a great way to leave a first impression.

[Halfway to the door, Polk stops, turns and rushes back to the kitchen counter. With a nudge he pushes the grapefruit towards the counter's edge and - just as it topples over - snatches it in mid-air as he turns back towards the door.]

Accelltrix... the name's familiar. Is that the one chiefed by the guy who headshotted his friend on a hunting trip? I don't think so. Just to be safe, I'll politely decline any invitations to attend leisurely pursuits involving firearms.

[Polk approaches the elevator as it opens. A hunchbacked crone hobbles out pushing a cleaning cart piled high with linens, fresh towels and miniature soaps. Squeezing past her, Polk pushes the button for lobby.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Sunshine

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[She drives towards her goal.]

Got our work cut out for us on this one. [She gazes up at the symbol on the door and does a double take.] Oh no Rags. [The van pulls up to a curb near the place. She jumps in the back of her van and quickly switches back into some hippie clothes.] Heads up. You're oil about to step in water.

These are my people, love the Earth, but they don't realize it's God. Just don't start a fight buddy.

[She steps out and looks up into the sign above the building. Doing a double think she hops back into the van and holsters her gun into her hairy armpit holster. She grabs a joint and tucks it behind he ear. Back to the female Willie Nelson look, like she'd just stepped out of a Deadhead convention. Her coins and chains rattling on her dress hems as she steps into the soup kitchen.]

Hello dreamers! [She walks in, looking around with a grin wrapping ear to ear.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Hmmm, looks like Mr. Saphri has been buying up quite a few properties in Vegas. I've got an abandoned office building and an old warehouse that could potentially be the ritual room we saw in the vision. There's also his family estate and the family crypt. Wait, this is strange, he's paying hospital bills for a John Doe in Mountainview Hospital.

[With the help of his handy laptop and the sigil, Yury is easily able to crack the security on the Accelltrix network and has access to their communications. The sheer amount of data being passed through the network is enormous, but after sifting through it, Yury is able to find the following:]

[-The SR team that was sent to recover the van returned to the real world with one fatality and two agents injured.]

[-Negotiations between Accelltrix and Thelma are breaking down. Because of Lydia's report and Yury's call, they believe Thelma is behind the plot to shut down spirits. GTS denies all these claims. Accelltrix is gathering their resources to find the source of the problem and shut it down.]

[-Because of all the problems Thelma, finding the Van that Yury stole has become a much lower priority for them.]

[-Accelltrix has been reaching out to both Malleus and Fujin for support in confronting GTS, so far neither has responded.]

[-Agent Lydia Storm has been called back to base for psychological evaluation.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[The elevator stops several times on the way to the lobby, mostly for tourists who reek of B.O. and suntan lotion. Ding, the elevator finally reaches the lobby. It's early morning, there aren't as many people milling around the lobby as there had been when he arrived yesterday. As leaves the building, he gets the strange feeling he is being watched.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Raguel, Archangel of Justice

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

As much as would like to object, the heathens may be helpful in our mission. I will reserve judgment on them for the time being. Even they deserve a chance to repent.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[The door to the soup kitchen slowly creaks open. Inside there are tables, chairs, and a cafeteria line to dish out the food, but no people. The whole place is deserted, not even someone to serve the food.]

[In the back, there is a swinging door to the kitchen. Through the crack in the door, she can see light coming from the other side.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

Pages

Use of this site implies agreement with the Terms of Use. This is our Privacy Policy. Questions? Contact me.
© Marco Leon 2012 Drupal Theme based on "Decayed" by moldham.