The Rising Tides

After investigating an attack on a GTS who appeared to die in an attack on his life, our heroes are hired by Mr. Campbell to find out who launched the attack on his life. However during the investigation, out heroes seem to have been seperated from their spirits. Meanwhile Steve Tanner is trapped in the Shadowside with his new spirit trying to escape. The adventure continues!

Categories

Setting:

Stage:

Players:

Post Frequency:

Currently Accepting New Players:

Replies

Trapturtle's picture

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Just as the sun starts to poke out from behind the horizon, Yury, Lydia, and Preston can feel their spirits return to them. Even before they speak, they can feel the familiar feeling in the back of their skull, reminding them they're never alone.]

Yury? Where are we? What happened? I remember going to bed in the hotel room, then darkness. I though we had been killed in out sleep, and I'd been returned to the shadows. Damn I'm glad to be alive, well sort of. This calls for a celebration, lets grab some champagne.

[Both Spring Heel Jack and Audrey have similar experiences, they remember everything up to the blackout, then nothing.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{Good. This will be useful to have in case I need a boost. These two, they act like they've never had a day without a spirit.}

Alright, this should do.

[she pulls into a small hotel on the edge of the strip. she heads inside and pays for a room in cash. She shows a secret service ID, but does not register her name. He tells him to put it under the name Clarissa Darling.]

I got us a room. We should be able to rest here and decide what to do next.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury had spent the rest of the short drive arguing on the internets under various handles, mostly YuryMashinaLubvi, which rhymes. Not much else to do: having exhausted all the available scav knowledge about the Adelsons, the Saphris and the Campbells, which wasn't all that much, he had been reduced to arguing in different threads both in favor and against the latest high-profile trial to blaze across american television. He is a horribly effective troll, prone to using every argumentative fallacy in the book, including researching the opponent for personalized ad-hominem. A discerning eye would notice Yury is doing this flurry of activity in the same vein a man would "hit the gym" after a break-up, or mindlessly lose himself in a puzzle: they're mind-sedating activities for one who does not want to think. For one who does not want to notice the passage of time. Because doing so would be too painful.]

["CAN'T FLIM-FLAM THE ZIM-ZAM!!" he had just typed in a pro-civil-rights organization's facebook page, when he suddenly felt Lady Luck come back.... it happened right as Lydia was about to stop at the small strip hotel and then the keyboard just fell out of his hands.]

Stop car. Stop car. Please.

[Yury runs out as soon as the Mustang stops; Lydia was parking anyway, and runs a few paces away and falls on his knees.]

{My Love. I find you in shadows again. I find you every night if I have to. Trade innocence again, over and over. So lost without you. Don't want this ever happen again. Don't know what else I say.}

[He has tears in his eyes. He doesn't want Lydia nor Preston to see, so he turns his back to them, but he actually sobs and his shoulders tremble a little... and he seems to need a good minute or so to breathe in deeply, and wipe the tears off his face and watch the sunrise by the side of this tiny motel in the mojave desert, and feel life is worth living once again. Maybe during this time, Lydia registers a room under the pretend-name and ID. By the time she's done, he has stood up and walked back to the car.]

{We find who did this, and fuck him up, eh? Leetle boy agrees; he wants pluck eyes out. Company Lady not so buttmad. Probably has mindless goop. She sorry for us. We sorry for her.}

Lydia, I drive car now. Preston and I want break into Adelson manor. Butler and thugs not home until 10 AM -Yury gave lie to keep busy. Because butler knew why spirits went away, and knew spirits come back soon. Didn't tell why. But knew. Motherfucking Alfred, knew more than all the scavenger forums, and showed up in Caesar's parking lot precise place and precise time spirits went away. Connected. Don't believe coincidences.

Also, if turns out beloved butler responsible for this, leetle Preston wants pluck eyes out. I agree. Whoever responsible. Pluck eyes.

Want to empathy butler's room. What he knew. Want to empathy Preston's parent's bedroom. What they knew. And ritual space, usually basement, where Preston got hierogamy. Much to learn. Out by 9:30. Waffle House serves breakfast until 10:30. Good waffles. We go.

[he encourages her to climb back on the Mustang, passenger side this time, and if they're all in agreement, he starts the car again and follows direction from Preston to get to his own home..]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Lifting out of slumber to cradling arms, Preston's eye's flutter. It's like his mother is cradling him. Then he realizes it's the cockroach legs of his Goddess. It makes him fully relax.]

Audrey: {You are so warm.}

{I dreamed you left me and I was alone with these smelly people.}

Audrey: {Funny. I dreamt that I was hibernating in the deep hive and you had abandoned me and my kind. So strange.}

{Oh. I remember now. We're in a car, waking up. We were separate. We're together again.}

[Preston crawls up as the car stops, looking around the area. He hears Yury start speaking.]

Who says I want to break into my manor? You miss one problem first. Butler is gone, but Adelson manor is never staffed with less than a dozen staff. Groundskeeper, maids, chef. Plus security system. We're not cutting edge but we are not luddites. But because we use old analog systems, your computer skills might not be entirely effective.

That said, I can provide a cover. If staff sees me, they suspect little. I will buy us time. By the time word is said and any suspicion is raised, and Butler is alerted and manages to return, you should be done. Problem is, putting me in plain sight will threaten me and undo your lie as far as Butler is concerned.

If you choose to try is stealthy, single handed, you will be caught. It's only a matter of time. How much time we buy.

As for going through my family heirlooms, rubbing your psychic dick all over every emotion my family carries, I don't know if I can agree with that. I've used Empathy across my house, it's not pretty what you'll see. A scene of a man who wanted to save humanity from prisons and created a monster child bound with a Queen insect who just wants to save her hive.

We need to change out agreement here. Ultimatum. Negotiate new deal.

Whatever Campbell was paying you, I can match. Instead of letting you hold me as a football hostage carrying from goalpost to goalpost, you become my bodyguards escorting me from safehouse to safehouse. I guess that's it, though. I don't have full access for another 8 years, so I suppose without Butler as part of deal you're getting hopeful promises.

Your choice. Only thing I will insist is that you leave my parent's room alone. My mother's things are preserved, my father kept it in the same condition for six years even after moving everything to a new estate piece by piece. I don't suppose I care much for my father's side. Leave the sanctity of my mother's things. DO what you must, but I can tolerate only so much prying into my family.

[Preston describes the way back to his Mansion.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

My frend, no need to pay me anything else [he says to Preston, as he drives] -see, I get paid every day just living adventure. All I want out of life, eh? At least, before last night. Leetle different now. Now I have personal interest too. Want fuck up whoever is messing hierogamies. That's not cool. Never cool.

[He turns on the car's stereo and plays some Dillon Francis to lighten up the mood]

Speaking of ending hierogmies, you should know priest offered two nuns in exchange for your bug spirit. Tempting offer. Nuns are brides of Christ, da? Making them cheat on the Lord himself is can't top cheating story! Something to brag about. Plus, you ever seen nun on nun action? All those years of repressed catholic upbringing just waiting to explode, haha!

[He grins and looks over to see how Preston took the news] of course, not going to do to you what caused so much pain to me, haha. Never cool. Losing spirit is never okay. Fuck whoever does that. I won't do it. But maybe I'll have nuns join our leetle team anyway and see how far devotion goes, eh? See that's how I get how-do-you-say my "kicks". Tempting people. Seeing how far they go. Voskhititel'nyy! [he looks at Preston as he joins the tips of his thumb and index finger, enjoying the "ee" sound at the end of the russian word for "delicious"]

About breaking in manor: was planning to show you this there, might as well show now. [he reaches into the middle bin between the seats, and fishes out a paper out of the mess of soda cups and toys, -he hands the paper to Preston] this is Photoshop of very bad guy Night Flight. Floating around forums, well know in russia and to Company [he nods to Lydia.] please don't ruin sockpuppet by spilling beans eh? [The paper is indeed a printed photograph, decently crafted to look like security footage, showing a tall, burly man wearing a huge black bear fur jacket and jeans, big bad boots, a chain tattoo around the back of his fully bald head, bushy eyebrows and a woodsman's beard, holding a shotgun and a butcher's knife.]

Study image, da? See, Night Flight, very daangerous dude, has captured poor Yury and Preston, and has us hostage. He is taking us to manor, forcing me to do Empathy on butler's room, and other spots. No, not your mother's stuff, gospodi. {Never stick psychic dick in crazy, eh MiLady?} All the while servants unable to act, while brave leetle master Preston is under threat of shotgun all times. They try call loyal butler for help, but landline mysteriously disconnected and cellphone signals jammed -Night Flight thinks of evereething! 9:30 scary bad guy finally leaves manor, having personally groped a few housemaids and perhaps holding important items, because Waffle House breakfast ends 10:30. Very important not miss Waffle House. [he taps his index on the dashboard] Pancake stack special.

Understand plan? Can make Night Flight servitor?

Lydia, want be hostage too? Or want do something else? Maybe Preston and Night Flight and Yury are distraction, meanwhile resourceful and sexy agent slips unnoticed through laser beams like Catherine Zeta-Jones and finds own information?

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston laughs, looking out the windows.]

Well that's that. Sure. I'll make a Night Flight believable enough to terrorize my staff. My dirty pranks weren't good for my father, so I wasn't able to be mischievous. I don't like seeing pain, you know, I feel discomfort when people suffer. But irritation, I can do that. Watch them squirm. Without those eyes always watching, I am now free to be the fox spirit causing problems.

You don't happen to have any cigarettes? I know, bad for my age. So is evading assassins and seeing corpses. So there's that. [Preston rubs his forehead.] I use to sneak out of class last semester to smoke with the older kids. It calms me somewhat.

[Preston gets to work on envisioning this Night Flight. However, he adapts a few secrets into this one. A special surprise. A servitor is a being of imagination, And Preston's mind is methodical. If it's not a real person that doesn't have to abide by normal physiology, then it can exist in an unusual form. Like having a hollow middle just big enough for a ten year old boy to fit inside snugly and safe behind the phantom meat. If things get out of hand, Preston can jump inside his servitor as it escorts him away. But those are contingencies.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury feels better, as he watches Preston, for the first time, since the nightmare of losing Lady Luck.]

{Gospodi, I really like this boy. Has sense of humor. Leetle dark. Dark humor is best humor.}

Yes! Make them all squirm. You understand! [he turns to Lydia] hey, boy understands! One after Yury's own heart with dirty pranks eh? [he pats his chest as he looks at Lydia] He understands Yury!

[Yury is now officially in a good mood. Lady Luck came back, and so he wants to slip again into the gentle dream that has been his life ever since he left Sarajevo, ever since he found her.] {It was scare, that's all. Just scare. Nothing make us part. Promise. Probably just beeg Company machine -Null Field shit, made big. We turn it off, or shoot it. Yeah. [he exhales] it'll be okay...}

Preston, cigars are plot of tobacco companies to stay in power and get rich off addiction from betas and losers. Slaver tools; don't be sheep. Be Wolf. I give you LSD after job. Much better than tobacco. You can save some for school friends, too. But no tobacco. Carry enough chains on leetle shoulders already -don't add new. (God only knows if he's joking about giving LSD to a 12 year old... sorry).

Now, probably security cameras watching perimeter. We park outside range, then walk up. Remember: Night Flight is terrible bastard. You control him like puppet, da? Make hateable. Grope all women never say thanks. Smack men upside head. Have fun. Targets are butler's room, father's office, ritual chamber. Ready? Lydia, what will do? Ready?

[He parks, as planned, barely outside the range of what he assumes is the furthest camera in the perimeter]

{My beloved Lady Luck. Can have Clark County utilities accidentally cut power to nearby cell towers? Very sorry mistake. Will send technician, take hours to fix. And let's work on landline too, eh? Warn if not safe! We play hostage game now -Night Flight strikes again, the bastard!}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I have a bad feeling about this plan. I'll stay back and guard Preston. [she takes out some gum from her purse and offers it to the other two] And what are we trying to find out here? I still think we need to look in on Saphri and these disappearances soon.

[she sighs at Yury's "joke" about giving LSD to Preston]
I'm not going to let you give yourself or him a dose of a mind affecting drug as strong as LSD. Too many things can go wrong. And if we end up taking to the shadows, that's a whole new level of hell you'll be bringing in with us. Are you insane?

[she looks out the windows on the way to Preston's]

{I don't want to play babysitter until he turns 18. I want to stop people from using the shadowside! To protect people from it!}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston smiles softly.]

Yury'r s heart is in the right place. I'm a little young for getting into psychoactives. I just wanted something to calm the nerves. A sedative, cigarettes. Heck, chewing gun. LSD could cause problems, my father spoke of the horrifying things he did on it.

[Preston whistles.] I like you too Yury.

My dear Lydia. If you want to look into Saphri by all means. I see the look in your eyes so let me alleviate some concerns. You work for the corporation. Thelema has always had an uneasy truce with your employer. Neither of us want things running out of hand. We do it the old Europe Aristocracy way, you do it the new age Plutocracy way. Both of us agree the masses cannot play with dangerous toys.

As soon as your contract here ends, return to your company. I will negotiate with your bosses. If I cause you so much concern I'll get them to end your contract and let you get one to something that doesn't cause you such strife.

I have no right to place either of you into prolonged service.

[Preston returns to imagining his servitor.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I said after job [grins Yury] you know, back at leetle hotel, peace and quiet, some Sigur Ross music, the air-con humming, soft bed. Open mind [he makes the exploding-fireworks-from-forehead gesture with his fingers]. All nice, good experience. Not worse than getting hierogamy as baby. Were not "too young" for that, da? [he smiles to Preston, then Lydia] You're quite authority figure, Agent Storm. A fan of discipline. Disciplinarian; company so proud.

[he parks the car]

Now Preston. Decision time, big boss. Want stay in car with Lydia, maybe get coloring books too? Or want come with Yury and see Night Flight terrorize staff? [he grins to Lydia] Quite safe, quite safe! Worst can happen: bad guy Night Flight is defeated, leetle Master Bruce held as hero, Yury collects reward? Nothing bad will happen. It's own boy's home, not amazon jungle. You should infiltrate too. Cover more ground. Slip through lasers, acrobatic [he waves his hand in a snake-like motion]. Need tighter clothes. But welcome to stay in car [he does the finger-gun gesture and climbs off the Mustang, having parked in the woods near the manor grounds]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston raises an eyebrow.]

I'm not passing up a chance to see my house again. To see the staff that have loyally served me since birth. To watch your plan's insanity in motion.

I very much will feel safest in the eye of the storm. And besides. It'll let me collect some of my things. Like a good hunting rifle.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

It's about maintaining order in the face of an endless blackness that is growing stronger. It's favoring rationality and common sense when madness tries to tear at the fabric of reality. It used to be quiet. But now, I think something is waking it up. I lost someone, years ago. Preston isn't the only one here without a family. The Company, Acceletrix, is the only one I've seen that has the mental wherewithal to realize the danger The Shadowside possesses and try to shut it down! [she takes a deep breath to calm herself down. Her voice cracked at the end of her rant as she leans back against her seat. When she speaks again, the small spark of frustration ignites, and her voice grows steadily louder]

So Yury, will you kindly stop trying to make everything into a joke? We're still just wandering in the dark with no sense of direction! Why are we showing up to his manor? What are you looking for!? And how are we going to try and figure out what's going on?!

[If she wasn't wearing sunglasses, her gaze would be fearsome and angry, but the gloss black sheen makes her seem detached and almost inhuman. Her face not matching the anger and fire in her words.]

All we've done is react! And we have no plan or idea of where to go other than to take the next step! We need a damn plan Yury!

{This kid is getting on my nerves and so is Yury. So... thoughtless! One just wants to screw around and the other is only concerned with this prophecy or purpose. They don't seem to be thinking about anyone else except as it relates to them.}

There is more going on here than just HIM! If we don't get a framework for our investigation all we're going to do is chase whatever thing happens next and we have no way of knowing if we're going in circles or just following the next light in the darkness! If we had a plan we wouldn't be so damn lost all the time!

[then she looks over at Preston]

And I don't care about who your parents are or who you belong to or your damn money Preston! I'm here because you looked like someone that needed help! I don't care if you have a bug queen, your dead mom, or the spirit of Jesus Christ riding shot gun in your head! You're someone who is getting screwed over by the Organizations so I wanted to help you! Hell, my job when i got here didn't even have a damn thing to do with you. I was here to investigate a murder and it turns out it didn't even happen.

[she punches the door of the car.]

[then she makes a frustrated growl and stares out the windshield.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[In front of them, they can see the Adelson Manor, Preston's home. Beyond the perfectly manicured lawn, they can see two marble lion statues, at their bases are the Greater Thelma Society symbol and the Adelson Family Crest. It's exactly as Preston remembers, none of the servants can be seen from here.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Lady Luck

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

The cell towers are down, land line's taken care of. I wonder what kind of messed up shit's gone down in there over the years. Lets take a look around while we're in there, maybe we'll find some juicy blackmail. It's always fun to watch the rich bastards squirm. And watch our for pentagrams, the place is probably litter with them.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury opens the door for Preston to climb off the car, pleased with his decision] Accelletrix S.T.I.C.K. module [he whispers to him] up her [whistles two notes, then closes the car door] painful procedure, agents never same.

[Then he smiles to Lydia] Lydia, world is already all joke, shame on us if not laugh, eh? Personal decision. That, and we're funny bunch. Would make sitcom. I'd watch.

As for reasons, here's recap: we had the disappearances [he counts with his fingers] we had the Saphri mannequin, we had the Campbell murder, and priests trying to kill leetle Damien, right? All seemingly unconnected. [he flutters his fingers] Then suddenly spirits are silenced last night. Not funny anymore. All fun and games until that happens. Now Yury takes personal. Then butler shows up, exact same place same time, and tells Yury he knows why spirits were into silence. He knows why but won't tell! Yury is no brute. He dislikes violence. We're at butler's house to find out what butler knows about spirits' silence, because that is thing Preston and I care about most, right Preston?

Okay, make bad guy Night Flight now. You finally get to make russian accent -I saw you practice before! My Lady is telling me it's showtime.

{MyLady my love for you is unending. Will watch out for all kinds of traps, aye. }

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Servitor making?
Rolled 1d20. Result: 20 = 20.

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I am here to look for loyalty. I need to make sure he's not turned on me. Just because he knows why we lost our spirits doesn't make him responsible.

[Preston imagines the picture of a Russian psycho that Yury showed him. The man would stand very tall, built like a brick wall of muscle. Inside, there's a hollow area where Preston can hide if things get out of hand. But to all eyes it's a real man, the opening to his insides only noticeable under his shirt and jacket on his spine.]

Yury. I hope your Night Flight decoy here works. Because I don't like doing this sort of thing willy nilly.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[In front of them materializes what looks like a living, breathing Bond villain. Nearly seven feet tall and weighing close to four hundred pounds, Preston's version of NightFlight looks like one scary mutherfucker. In the back is the hideaway hatch that Preston built into it, hidden behind it's clothes.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Hooly sheet hahaha!! [he claps, then starts snapping some pictures via Google Glass -which will be much more useful in the future than his crude photoshop]

You nailed it! Bald head, chain tattoo, big beard, look at fur coat! Shotgun, knife, you, Preston, you piss excellence. Forget money: I want you teach servitor skill as reward. All I want. Haha!

{MyLady, can you imagine kind of SHIT we do with servitor skill? Holy shit. Sky is limit! Not even sky... haha}

Okay, in character now. Serious Yury. In character. Hostage is serious business.

[He raises his hands over his head, and steps in front of the fake shotgun the Night Flight puppet is holding]

My old frend Night Flight, finally got me, eh. All way down to Amerika, you chased. Tough syn suka, you.

[Assuming Preston at least comes along -if not Lydia too- Yury begins walking up towards the main door of the house, mindful of Pentagrams and any traps he or Lady Luck would be aware of.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[she sighs and follows]

{They just won't listen... this isn't a plan}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston follow's Yury's advice, giving Lydia a shrug and glance like "What can you do, really? I dunno."]

Audrey: {Well that was an interesting display. Wasted on a gimmick?}

{Something tells me this Night Flight has become a reoccurring gimmick. I know him so well I think I will be recalling him in the future. Meet our new alternate personality for discreet actions where I cannot go.}

Audrey: {You expect this plan to work?}

{Not really. But Yury is tempermental and I need a look into my Guardian's mind so I guess I might as well figure his loyalty right now.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

[After a quick knock, the door is answered by a maid, Preston recognizes her. She's served her family as long as he can remember. When he was young it was her job to teach him proper etiquette.]

Welcome to the Adelson Esta... Oh my god!

[She nearly faints at the sight of the large man holding Preston at knifepoint.]

Wha What do you want? I can get it for you, just don't harm Preston.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston avoids her eyes.]

Hello Ester.

(I will leave Flight Night up to you. I'm interested to see someone else play him out )

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Look bitch, me and my friends here are going to poke around for a leettle bit. Don't try anything funny and the boy will live, try to be a hero, I chop up the boy, everyone here, and burn this place to the fucking ground.

[NightFlight's accent isn't quite as thick as Yury's.]
Now show me the butler's room. Ready Comrade?

[He pokes Yury in the back with his shotgun, and follows as the maid leads them to a small room near the back of the manor. It's simply furnished, there's a bed, a desk, and chest of drawers. It's fairly nice, for a servant's room.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

to detect or find shadowside artifacts as they look through the house.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 11 = 11.

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{I wonder if that shot gun actually fires? I sure as hell didn't lend them mine!}

[she follows behind them. Looking angry. Like she's the brains behind night flight. She looks around for anything that seems like it has power on the shadowside. Anything like an artifact. If she sees something that stands out like that, she slips it into her purse, if it will fit.]

{May as well get some of these out of the wrong hands if I can.}

[if she can, she will split off to search his parent's room for anything arcane too.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury pulls the most concerned look he can manage and says] Curse you, syn suka! I get revenge on you! [and starts walking, presumably following the maid to the butler's room]

{OK Glass, record video for future lulz. Also, look at Lydia... hmm.. looks like wants operate alone... very well. Let's help!}

Just please, comrade, let's not do russian anthem thing, okay? Anything but that! [then he looks back at Night Flight, then back at the maid, and the other staff who is probably gathering around, with concerned and shocked faces...] Oh God, he kills us all if I not do this [he announces to all]. Very sorry. Very sorry do this. [He turns to the maid and says] call all staff. Gather here. [Saying so, he pulls out his smartphone and taps on it until the loud, loud USSR national anthem starts to play out of its deceptively small speakers -complete with that famous chorus of many deep and manly voices] Please, Night Flight, I beg you! [but being only met with an icy stare, Yury then starts to sing along, as he marches along the house. Everyone who comes to join the parade, he meets with scared eyes, pressuring them to join and sing along. He even purposely slows down for a moment so that the shotgun will poke him in the back, which he then reacts to by singing louder. He motions with his arms to his fellow hostages to sing louder, too. Yury turns to the maid by his side, and whispers in hurried-worried tone] please, must sing! [pleadingly] Just follow words along. Tell others. Otherwise he gets angry or horny. Much more daaangerous when horny!! [then resumes singing at the top of his lungs, and gives one last glance to Lydia, hopefully having created a distraction interesting enough for her to break off the group and move alone undisturbed]

SKVOS GROZY SIIALO NAM SOLNTSE SVOBODY! [he sings, hopefully with others as they march down the house] I LENIN VELIKIJ NAM PUT OZARIL!!

{MiLady you getting this? Gospodi, trying not laugh!}

[He tries to be mindful of traps towards the butler's room, and mindful of details that tell the story. If the proud and patriotic russian parade goes uneventfully, Yury then enters the butler's room and takes a first look...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Preston Adelson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Preston is carefully watching both Lydia and Yury. Monitoring their actions as best he can. As things progress, he follows Yury to the butler's room.]

{I don't like this plan any more. These two thugs believe they can just enter the heritage of my house and start taking whatever they feel like or rubbing their bodies on antiques. Good thing father always locked away the important items.}

Audrey: {You allowed them to try this. What did you expect.}

{I expected to test their character. A complete lack of respect for my family. Now I don't know to have them both tortured and killed or to forgive them. Father would forgive them, everyone else in the family would have them on a rack.}

Yury. Tread carefully. This is still my family home. As for Lydia back there, I don't like her intentions. I think she means to treat my family heirlooms like the devil's work.

We're here to investigate my butler's loyalty but this is still my family home.

[Preston just watches Yury work, silent from that point. He's looking for his butler's journal, one he's seen the man write in. He's looking for it to use "Hera's Mirror" as soon as he gets his hands on it.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Yury was quite enjoying the sight of the servants, marching in a straight conga line and singing the USSR's national anthem, terrorized, and was gleefully anticipating the reactions in the scavenger threads and forums where he plans to post the video, when Preston's words suddenly ruined his mood... temporarily]

{"Tread Carefully"? What kind of fucking bullshit is that? Haha, they change minds fast, eh Milady? First boy laughed at prospect of terrorizing staff, pranks, he said, now wants I "tread carefully". First agent didn't want to infiltrate manor solo, not a plan, she said, now she infiltrates manor solo. But YURY is crazy one here, da. Always Yury. Wacky Yury, unpredictable Yury. Everyone else always very sane and reliable orderly square social polite proper person.}

You're right, Preston. [says Yury, interrupting his song for a moment] We should tread very very carefully when dealing with mad men. Mad crazy russians sons of bitches who have nothing to lose, who don't give a fuck about world, much less about plans to rule world, who laugh at promises of glorious destiny and wipe ass with prophecies, who gladly sell own babushkas for few good lulz, these dangerous men. Isn't that right, you Night Flight syn suka? [he looks back and up at his captor, then to Preston] These men very dangerous dudes. We should tread very carefully, and pray Night Flight doesn't burn house down as promised, eh?

Because he fucking might.

[Yury sings the anthem even louder, wary of traps and alert for clues, his only goal is to find out how was Hierogamy disrupted, and what did the Butler know about it. Three goals for three figures: Preston wants to see if his Butler is loyal, Lydia wants to find dangerous shadowside artifacts, and Yury wants to find clues about the Hierogamy disruption. It the thinnest of threads what's keeping them together still, in Yury's mind.] {But if I have you, MiLady, FUCK rest of world, as usual. Don't need anyone else.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Trapturtle's picture

[Lydia's search of the halls turns up little in the way of artifacts. She finds expensive vases and rare art, some of it occult looking, though nothing immediately identifiable as a PT artifact. The master bedroom has been perfectly maintained, according to Preston's wishes. There are several old pieces of furniture that might be some sort of artifacts, and in the jewelry box there are several pieces of jewelry with arcane markings on them.] (Awareness check to search the room more thoroughly or Spirit check to sense which objects might have hidden properties.)

[The servant's do not march with Yury, in fact, after the maid who let them in, they do not encounter another living soul. The house seems very quiet and still aside from the music blaring from Yury's phone.]

[The butler's quarters are very simple and neat. The bed is made, the clothes are folded neatly in the drawer. The desk is neatly arranged with pens, stationary, and several letters addressed to the Adelson residence. Walking past the trash can, Preston notices there are ashes in the bottom of the can.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Yury Konstantin

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

(In that case -if the other servants weren't marching along after all- then Yury would not have sung alone like a goddamn fool, nor turned on the music either. Please ignore Yury's last two posts, and pretend that instead of all that, absolutely nothing interesting happened, and Yury simply reached the butler's room in silence.)

{Okay, goal here is find out all Butler knew about hierogamy turn-off. All I fucking care about. OK Glass, record everything -so we can review later. Butler departed middle of night towards Caesar's. What grab before leaving house? While mind is thinking about what will do? Grab hat. And coat. Wallet, keys. Phone. All these things with him still.} [he looks at the door, to see if it has a peg where one would hang a hat or a coat or a belt. If yes, then that's the spot where he applies Empathy (the usual 2 BPs). If not, then the bed side table where sometimes one leaves a wallet, or the dresser where one grabs a coat] {They'll never turn you off from me again. All I fucking care about.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

spirit roll I have 9 with Jack
Rolled 1d20. Result: 9 = 9.
any other sort of search checks?
Rolled 2d20. Result: 12, 11 = 23.

Lydia Storm

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[she examines what she comes across. This might be too dangerous to leave alone. It might even be part of the problems that are arising.]

{maybe there's some sort of vault or safe. Maybe something about this whole fucked up mess is just behind one of these walls!}

[she tries to find secret areas too. Safes and the like. She'll try to open them if she can. She isn't interested in valuables or money. There might be dangerous things in here that need to be kept safe.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

Pages

Use of this site implies agreement with the Terms of Use. This is our Privacy Policy. Questions? Contact me.
© Marco Leon 2012 Drupal Theme based on "Decayed" by moldham.