Escape from Utropolis 3

The stage is set. A bustling, glimmering city of extravagant opulence and unbidden debauchery. Troubled and exhausted heroes desperate for relaxation. Open Ultralogistics, a secret company that may run the world from the shadows, operates from the massive self sustaining city Utropolis 3 from inside the Shadowside.

Outside the gates an army of darkness gathers. Lost spirits in bindings and chains. Enraged ghosts armed for war. Driven by loud pounding drums of the spirit world. Whatever this force encounters, it enslaves or destroys.

Inside the gates, corporate machines run full steam ahead. Below, a city of innovation and industry. Above, sleazy salesmen and bloodthirsty security guards look over human lives as assets and liabilities.

Xander has finally found a calm rhythm. Dill and Lynn at his side, his eternal trusted companions, twins of one spirit and two minds. Whatever his father did, it pissed off everyone except UO. The only thing he has left of his father's is a cardboard folded square that says "Emergency Use Only".

Kyra clutches a plant spirit to her chest. She's almost invisible, the least valuable of the Open Ultralogistic's targets. Which makes her the most valuable member to act undetected.

Sam is a hostage, now. Despite the freedom to wander the city, the mysterious Shadow Council has made a deal with UO to keep Sam from returning to Earth and pursuing his dreams to start a Pharmaceutical company.

Vince and his pain fairy stand on the brink of destruction. The two hold the key to either saving everyone, or destroying everything.

Let's see how our four heroes and their companions fare against the obstacles set against them. It's time to watch everything burn.

And maybe, from the wreckage, they will arise like the Pheonix. Or be smothered by ashes.

Categories

Setting:

Stage:

Players:

Post Frequency:

Currently Accepting New Players:

Replies

Trapturtle's picture

Kyra Penson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Look, I hate this place. But there are things we have to consider. First of all, where are we going to go after this place falls? We'll be trapped in here like everyone else. We'll get wiped out with everyone else. Also,
[She glances at Leepina.]
There are people in here that don't deserve to share the fate of this place. I'm sure some people just came here looking for work. Here's what I think. We need to find the portal to the real world and start evacuating people. Once they're clear we can cut the power and run. First thing's first. We need a plan. And don't forget we have the Emergency package from Xanders father as well as Xander's hand. So how should we do this?

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Roll to see how bad the this turns out.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 15 = 15.

Mose

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

(This new thread chapter assumes the thirty minutes has passed as Vince stands watching the war below, and then as Kyra, Xander, and Sam try to dissuade Vince from his idea. The following takes place after those thirty minutes, everything before can be posted in Towards Stygian Depths.)

[Mose stands at the stairs, arms crossed. He slowly walks towards the four of them on the balcony. Kyra, Vince, Xander, and Sam stand where they had been dropped off by the platform yesterday. Their companions and Leepina sit to the sides around them in chairs. The four are talking quietly when they notice Mose.]

Hail, travelers. I suppose our thirty minutes are up.

[Mose looks shaken, somewhat sad.] I've had a good deep thought about it. And I believe that I can help you. I can get you to the gate, and help Vince escape. Or whatever you wish. I've... [Mose looks down at his feet for a moment, breathes deep, and looks back up at them.]

This place does strange things to people. Look, as soon as we release you out the gate back to reality, every red flag in the world will fly up. If you were being chased before, then it's just going to be worse now.

I did some research. You know why they want Vince and that demon? Accell uses one of our machine patents to extract liquid fear. They use it as a bioweapon and mind control device. [Mose laughs.] I don't even want to know what governments they pull puppet strings on with that. No getting you back potentially means they will lose control of key people around the world. It could cripple Accellatrix's hold on things.

If I let you go, though, I am in a lot of trouble. They will kill me if I aide you. Unless we make it seem like you overpowered me and escaped on your own. [Mose looks at Leepina, then turns to leave.] Leepina deserves better than this place.

I don't know what you want to do. Make an offer. Because otherwise your escorts will be here in about ten minutes, Vince. [Mose sits down at the bar, back to them, and pours himself vodka and ice.]

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)
Forge's picture

Vincent Matthews

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. He's had a change of heart, ladies and gents.

{Smells like boooll-shaite though, kimosabe. Back me up, will you? Can you skim the top of his mind to see if it's legit before we smoke the peace pipe here?}

[While Vince waits for Monster to do a basic price check, Vince looks away, then back to Mose]

So listen, Mose, about this whole going down in flames business.

The armies out there look a bit more Mordor than Camelot if you catch my drift, so it's not like I'm going to bat for them, you know. But your city ain't precisely a convent either, I mean, forget for a moment that 30 minutes ago you were selling me like cattle, riddle me instead why folks like this bald babe here have to walk around chilling their titties in the breeze against their will? I mean, if they're into that, great, but slaves? Really, with unemployment as high as it is, slaves? I mean, you said yourself she deserves better, but why only her? Why only us? There's a shitload of slaves who daydream of your warm, warm blood trickling down their knives I bet, don't they? And look at these walls. They need to work 100% of the time, but the dogs out there just need to get lucky once.

Look, I'm the last guy to criticize anyone on moral grounds, but shit man, here's a novel idea: did you know you could pay people and then they do shit for you? No kidding! They'll even line up and ask for it! Unemployment is a bitch so there's no excuse for having a slave workforce, even for ghosties and creeps. Pay people their worth: get a city worth defending from Sauron, son.

As it is right now, it's just a difference of greasy paws vs sterile glass on which set of assholes wins the day, and at least the demons out there didn't break my fucking heart with that mockery of spider woman you threw back there.

So it's not about me offering you much. I'm walking out of here in a body bag, or in an Accelletrix cage, or as shit after being digested by any of the giant beasts out there -either way I'm out, which is good news for the world I suppose. But you, you're stuck here with your poor choices, man. It's you who needs to offer these white knights here [thumb points behind his back at Xander, Kyra, the twins and Sam] a reason to stand up for this sorry dump, rather than just bailing or handing it over to either corporate or orcish assholes, know what I'm saying?

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)

-=[Live Forever]=-

Jack of Spades's picture

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Man, I want out of this city! I want it back out there! It was cool out there and whatever my dad did happened out here, I think. Out there is a whole new world! I want to be part of that world!

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Kyra Penson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Look, Vince, you don't need to do this. I believe that you're a better person than you give yourself credit for. Look how much you helped the twins.
[She turns to Mose.]
Alright, here's my offer. We pretend to overpower you and Leepina leads us to the exit. That way Accelltrix won't be after you, they won't have their precious monster, and everyone leaves here free and alive. Is that acceptable?

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Spot check.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 7 = 7.

Mose

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Vince, everyone in this place is paid. Even the synthetics have a petty cash account. Leepina here makes like 40K a year just to host guests...

[Mose shakes his head and pulls a card out from him jacket.] Here, this passcard with get you through a lot of the checkpoints. If you take the elevators or stairs down, past the generator, into the sub basement there's a tunnel. Primary tunnel 34A will lead into the heart of the city and through the gate. That gate's the only thing that will get you to Earth that I know of.

[Mose tilts his head, looking at Leepina.] Leepina, you haven't said a word to me.

[Leepina hides something from him in her hand, behind her back.]

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 3 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Leepina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Leepina is tense now. She's almost shaking. The group of four can tell she has a very small black dot in her palm. Like an earbud. Leepina avoids Mose's gaze, looking down at her feet. She whispers.] I'm so sorry...

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 3 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Mose

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

What... what was that?

[Mose is confused, and stumbles back. He holds his head as if dizzy.] I- what... did you put something in my drink? [Mose's face curls in anger.] Leep? Seriously?

[A small red dot appears above his left eye. The appearance of the dull red dot confuses everyone at first. Is it a lightbulb from his cybernetics? Is it a Bindi? What could it- Suddenly Vince knows exactly what it is. If by instinct, Vince pulls as many people down as he can, hitting the ground.]

Leepina, what the FUCK DID YOU-

[Mose's head explodes in a swash of blood and chunks of flesh. The passcard he had clatters to the ground in front of Vince. Time appears to slow down, all sound seems to go dull for the group. The sounds of the city fade away from their ears. Mose's body flings across the room, sliding down and into a lounge chair. Rivers of blood stream out of his face. A large man sized trail of dark crimson leads from his feet to the place he was standing. Leepina's face is covered in blood and she is horrified.]

(And thus is the fate of Mose's poorly placed 1 roll last chapter.)

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 5 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Roll for stuff.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 3 = 3.

Captain Leonhard

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Vince is prepared. By instinct his body does what it was trained to do. He looks up and sees another dull red dot appear on the back of Leepina's bald head. By instinct his hand pulls her shin and she flops face down into the deck, face streaming tears.]

[The second shot rings out with a soft typewriter clap, and a hole punches into a wall inside the building now that Leepina's head is out of line of contact.]

[Vince glances back and a platform is hovering about a mile away, with six guards on it and Captain Leonhard laid down flat with a sniper rifle resembling something out of a science fiction movie.]

[Leonhard whistles when he sees the group drop out of the way, and stands up, handing his rifle to the guards. He appears to be speaking, but is too far away from them to be heard.]

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 3 (1 vote)
DarkMoonINC's picture

Leepina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Leepina looks slowly into the small earbud in her hand. She places it in her ear again. She puts a finger to her ear and activates it.]

Wha...wha...no. No. NO! YOU SAID YOU WOULDN'T HURT HIM!.

[Leepina has a distant gaze in her eyes as she starts to sob, the blood on her face slowly being cleaned away by tears.]

What do you- no, that wasn't part of the deal! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

[With that, another shot goes off and shatters the balcony railing that protected them from the platform's line of sight.]

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)
Trapturtle's picture

Roll to calm down Leepina
Rolled 1d20. Result: 16 = 16.

Kyra Penson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Oh my god!
[Kyra quickly ducks to the floor, pulling Leepina with her.]
Look at me. Leepina, I need you to focus. We have to find a way out of here. Now can you do that for me?

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 3 (1 vote)
Jack of Spades's picture

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

SHIT SHIT SHIT! [he grabs the keycard and scrambles for an exit as fast as he can] Oh man oh man! Coem on guys! [he tries to retrace how he got here, and if that fails, he takes random doors and halls trying to get outside] Come on, where's the exit; where's the exit!?

[A portal to Earth is not what he has in mind, he's getting out of the city and back into the Green World. Where things were nice.]

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 3 (1 vote)
Forge's picture

Vincent Matthews

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Everyone get to cover! GO GO GO!

[Vince rushes everyone indoors, or at least behind any wall or corner that will put them out of range from sniper Leonhard. But as much as the adrenaline rushes in him, he can't help but smile, the sick little puppy that he is...]

{Can you hear them, Monster? The gears. The gears in my attic, spinning. Chug-a-chug-a-chug-a}

[As soon as he can lay on the ground in a reasonably safe spot, he holds Leepina by her shoulder and says]

Baby, you did good, but you're gonna have to do the crying later, okay? That's the gas mask bitch on the phone, right? Yeah, look, I know the deal went sour -don't blame yourself, we'll get drunk together later, but for now lemme a have word with Ms. Sniper.

[In as smooth a move as he can manage given the circumstances, he takes -hopefully not "snatches", but maybe close- Leepina's earbud, and places it in his own ear]

Leonhard? Sweetheart, this is Vince. I never got the chance to shake your hand, vet to vet, I was Desert Storm, Infantry. Listen, you don't have to explain a thing! I don't even want to know why you offed ole Moose here. All I'll say about it is.... hot damn, bullesye! Right between the horns! But listen, whatever your reasons are, it's clear he was standing in your way. It's clear he was one of the Big Wigs in this city, one of Five if I heard correctly -though years of booze haven a taken a toll on the olde grey matter. So putting the two things together: not counting your men which I presume are all loyal to you, you have a shit-load of witnesses here to a pretty big-deal murder, seeing as old Mose was no janitor. You probably have a plan! Of course you do, I fucking would!

But check this out: do you know I can IMPERSONATE Mose? Looks, voice and all, the whole package. One of the many talents of my leetle friend, Meallan Aradia aka the Pain Fairy, CPA. You get what I'm thinking? I can make the whole issue blow over! We can dispose of the body, I'll take Mose's place, and you and I will work together on whatever it is you wanted out of him and he wasn't giving you. Uncle Vince will be all smiles, and hopefully we can make this fascist dystopia a better place for everyone, the people with me here included, eh? They're good people.

So let's work together! You don't want five witnesses to the murder of a high-ranking power player, you want five partners in crime and a suddenly amenable power player moving things for you, what do you say? On the plus side, none of the people in this city will die to Sauron tonight, if you play ball!

C'mon!

Give Kudos: 
0
Average: 4 (1 vote)

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Leepina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[She is in shock, barely able to follow them. Leepina mumbles to herself.]

They just wanted to listen...in case Mose did anything to break rules...

[Her sobs choke the rest of the words away.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Captain Leonhard

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Everyone has gotten through the giant living room, ducking down a hallway. No more gunfire follows, nor the sounds of troops. They have a way to circle this side of the building to the elevator lobby and stairs. Behind them Mose's body beats blood in rhythm to the clock on the wall.]

This is not a secret inside job. This is a coup d'état. UND VE are the knife that culls the fat. A very greedy man wants Mose's position. The board was unhappy with Mose's rebellious nature.

[The voice in Vince's ear chuckles softly, deeply. The German accent comes full force. ] Well, I can respect a man of service. But I am Captain Heinrich Leonhard of the 31st Platoon. I am no sweetheart. I have served for mother Germany, for the British, the Americans, and even this place. 21 years of blood soak campaigns. I have stepped on soldiers while I hacked my Kriegsmarine through screaming throats. I have laid flamethrowers to screaming children. Do not attempt to pacify my humanity with diplomacy.

You are to be returned to Accellatrix. One of you is to be kept here, the other two are unimportant and as good as casualties.

[Leonhard has very deep baritone voice, but now the voice hits it's higher pitch.] I love war. I love the sounds and sights of war. You, I could smell from a mile away. You are like me. [Leonhard pauses as if thinking.] We are dogs. You and I. Dogs of war. Run if you wish, for I will only give chase. Submit, and I will not show mercy.

[Leonhard laughs sharply.] In fact, this is the best field exercise I've had all year. Me and my men are after you, Mister Matthews. UND you are not the only one with companions. Auf wiedersehen. [The earbud short circuits and goes dead, a lump of fried circuit.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Dill & Lynn Calroni

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Dill holds Lynn tight to his side.]

Dill: No no no. Oh god. We have to get out of here.

Lynn: Where's our guns? Give Vince something to shoot that fucker dead.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Meallán Aradia

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[The headband writhes, giggling in a high pitch.]

{Oh oh. Oh. Oh. I can feel it. I can feel it coming. I- I tried real hard fella. Tried real hard to be nice. You asked me all polite. I didn't eat none of you fellas. Been real friendly like. But now, now I can sense there's lots of people to eat. Lots of terror to feel.}

[The headband relaxes on his head.]

{You need to let me inject your friends. If I don't put a spore inside of each of of em, it'll be bad. You, you're immune. But if I have to hit the emergency switch, or you finally get me to the generator downstairs...}

{Let's say your friends here will not be immune to what comes out. Your choice. We can take my spores out after we escape.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Come on! Come on! [he pulls Dill and Lynn with him as he runs down the halls, stopping only to open doors in his mad dash to find the way out and get to the walls. To get over the walls. Out of the city.]

Let's go! I think it was this way! [his legs pump and his heart races as he tries to get out as fast as he can, not stopping to think.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Leepina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Leepina stumbles with them.] You have his passcard. We-

It's 70 stories down to the ground level. That will lead to connectors out from the building. We can take one of those out towards a city wall.

Or the generator. We can descend below ground to the generator, and past it to the tunnel leading to Earth.

Or- I don't know...[Leepina is still running but her words have mumbled into sniffles and sobbing. She's lost it. The woman has succumbed to grief.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Meallán Aradia

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{OOooh. Generator.}

[The headband pops off and hits the ground running, growing into the image of the man they met in the bunker. Denim jacket, sunglasses, t shirt and jeans. He forms to full shape and runs alongside Vince.]

{Oh Vince buddy. Pal. You plug me in that generator and we have this whole city as ours. We can burn the world.}

[As soon as Aradia is physically apart from Vince, everyone else feels something in their head. Xander, Dill, Lynn, Kyra, Flidais, Leepina, and Sam get a rising sense of dread. It's like paranoia or fear is slowly edging into their brain. It's not a lot. Right now it's at the edge, slowly slipping into their minds. They see shadows move at the edges of their peripheral view.]

[Kyra feels slightly scared, like gunshots will come down the hall any minute. Her heart beats faster. Xander feels like that one time he took a bad drug cocktail: a major trip is coming on, any moment he knows the walls will melt and he'll flip the fuck out. Sam realizes some form of PTSD and schizophrenia is beginning.]

[Vince is unaffected, but a glance back and he sees the look in those people's eyes. Whatever the monster said about spores, this is what he was talking about. Leepina stumbles and freaks out, screaming about spiders on her head, before recovering and catching up. Dill looks like he's regressed a year younger, and both him and Lynn have a terrified expression. The plant clings to Kyra and is weeping softly.]

{Oh, yeah, told you we shouldn't break contact. But I feel that generator. Oh...I can only imagine what happens when it amplifies this across the entire city.}

[Aradia looks back at Vince with a smile, which lessens slightly when he sees everyone's reactions and the look on Vince's face.]

{Well, fella, we can just go back to Earth if you want. If you don't want to burn the place down, or assume direct mind control of the city. Still...I serve you, my master.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Making a break!
Rolled 1d20. Result: 2 = 2.

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

Oh fuck guys! they're doing something to us! Get out of my head you bastards! I didn't even want to be here!

[He runs with Dill and Lynn. Away from Vince, away from Kyra, away from anyone that doesn't happen to be going the same direction as him. He's heading out. Not to earth, but out of the city. He's got Dill and Lynn and that's the only thing slowing him down, but if it gets worse, he's breaking out on his own. And taking the card too. His brain can only handle so much.]

[Stairs, escalators, doorways, all make such great choices when they lead towards and exit.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Fate's fickle finger.
Rolled 1d20. Result: 19 = 19.

Captain Gregory

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Xander is making frantic twists and turns down hallways, through doors, down stairs. Dill and Lynn are right behind him. Due to Xander having the only passcard that can get them through most of the doors, the group has little choice but to follow the narrow tunnel he's creating.]

[Xander comes to two double doors and flings them open, a smile crossing him as the outside city appears.]

[The group is stunned as floodlights blast the entire hallway with light. Several seconds go by and they dim, the eyeballs of the group adjusting to the light. Xander is staring out two large double doors to a gigantice helipad sticking out of the side of the building. A dozen guards in helmets, which his alternate sight confirms him are spirits just like those Leonhard had, stand in a line with rifles aimed at him.]

[Behind the guards three large Comanche helicopters sit silently on the pad, and a forth is slowly landing. The person in it has a bullhorn.] ATTENTION. THIS IS CAPTAIN GREGORY OF THE NORTH DIVISION. SURRENDER THE ONE KNOWN AS LIEUTENANT VINCE MATTHEWS AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT.

[The man in the helicopter is wearing an American military outfit, and has several more guards with him in the chopper.] LAY DOWN YOUR WEAPONS AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR HEAD. IF YOU CONTINUE INTO THE BUILDING, LEONHARD HAS BEEN GIVEN FULL CONTROL OVER YOUR CAPTURE, I CANNOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY IF HE TAKES YOUR PRISONER.

[Vince looks and Aradia has ducked through a different door back in the hallway behind him. When Aradia is gone, the paranoia and headaches everyone else is having slowly fades away. The group is returning to normal and no longer going crazy.]

[Very close, a wolf howls. It's no normal wolf. This thing is loud. Very loud. The guards all drop their aim, looking around. Whatever is howling has spooked everyone, the guards, the captain, Leepina, the companions, and even some of the group. Gregory assures the guards, and they re-aim their weapons. Gregory is not shaken at all by the howl.]

[Sam has heard that howl three times now, it comes back to memory sharply. It's been getting closer to him: far away at the trailer park, closer when he was sleeping, and now so close that this last one made the walls vibrate.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Vincent Matthews

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{Goddamnit nothin's ever easy around here!} [he's pissed that Leonhard turned out to be following the rules after all, instead of going rogue. He tries to check Mose's body for any weapons before being forced to scramble running after Xander.]

{Okay, first things first}

Listen everybody, that joy you're feeling was just a free sample of the Pain Fairy's power, included with your subscription to Vince's Shitstorm Weekly. He can make it stop though, using spores or some shit. Go to him and get your medicine; it'll make you immune to the shit-tide rising. Or part of it. [he nods to Meallan]

Go on brother, give them their flu shot.

{Now, next... to burn or not to burn. Riddle me this, you beautiful motherfucker: if I get you to the generators... are you capable of controlling which people get fucked up and which people don't? Everything rides on this question. Because really, if they don't have slavery here, the only thing this place is guilty of is being sort of assholish and I can't in my heart of hearts judge anyone for being assholish, least of all sentence them all to death-by-Sauron. So I want you to be like the Finger of God and smite only the sinner, starting with Captain Hooker-With-A-Deep-Voice, and these army grunts. Can you do that? Everything rides on your answer, compadre!}

{And lastly...}

[he grabs the earbud piece again, realizes it's fried, then sighs]

{Leonhard, you misunderstand. You're not hunting a lion in the jungle, sugartits -I'm the jungle and lions are hunting you.}

[then he turns to the group]

You guys go on to that teleporter back to Earth thing, if you want and can. Keep it together, Xander! Not like shit will be any easier back there -remember what Mose said about red flags popping up all over the place. But I can't go. I'm staying to play the Most Dangerous Game with my new best friend Captain Bitchtits. I'll kill her, work with this beautiful demon Meallan to set up the mother of all block parties, and then wing it from there. Gonna be fun. No, I won't harm any innocents, for chrissake. Now go guys, go. It was nice riding with ya.

As for that Wolf.... who the hell knows, may be one of Sauron's top guys. One fire at a time!

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Meallán Aradia

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

(EARLIER)

-.-.-

{Delicious.}

[Aradia ducks down a side door when Xander walks towards the big double doors. Before he leaves, he tosses several tiny objects that stick into the back of Xander, Sam, and Kyra's clothing. Seconds after Aradia and Vince duck through that door, the three at the double doors feel a tiny injection on their back. A tiny worm like entity has crawled inside them, each a connected receiver from the pain fairy Aradia.]

{Right on. Good question. Be honest, I don't know.} [Aradia gazes at him.] {I can basically make everyone in this city fall powerless and not able to do anything. At will. Which means you have leverage over any negotiations, or you have a clear path out. You push my button, and everyone's crippled. You turn my off, everyone recovers.}

[Aradia slows down, turning to look at him.] {You have a better idea? I don't give us good chances against bullets.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Trapturtle's picture

Kyra Penson

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

That's all well and good, but do you have an escape plan after you've destroyed this place? Look, you shouldn't have to sacrifice yourself to bring this place down. Let me come with you. Arimah will be able to help if I can't.

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

I'm not going back there! You're not my dad, you can't tell me what to do!

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Forge's picture

Vincent Matthews

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Vince hopes he's wrong, but he's seen men break down before and hopes Xander is able to keep it together]

Listen, Xander.... we're getting out, okay buddy? We're getting out of this place. The exit is at the ground level. We're really high right now, as in, in a building, and we can easily get lost, but lucky us, we got Leepina! She knows the way out. She can take us all out of this place -all she needs is that little pass card Mose had, can you give it to her? Give her the passcard, and she leads us out of here, ground level, a tunnel I hear. Sounds like a plan? It's gonna be fine...

[to Kyra] My respect for you just went up a notch. And your plant friend proved very powerful before, can he take bullets? Form some sort of shield? I don't know how tough it's going to be [he tilts his head towards the open doors that lead to the helipad, where the army grunts are surely gearing into position for an assault right now, not to mention Leonhard...] because we may need some cover to get to the stairs or elevator or... [he looks to Leepina] Leepina, we're going to the exit [then looks at her.. so she can understand] the exit that is right past the generators okay?

{We're gonna have to do this, Monster-bud. We're gonna have to drop the Fat Man and the Little Boy; they're giving us no choice. Stand by for showtime!}

So, everyone ready? Let's move! Leepina take point, go go go! [he hopes Leepina can lead them away from the helipad where the soldiers are, and towards the generator...]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

-=[Live Forever]=-

DarkMoonINC's picture

Meallán Aradia

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

{Hiroshima and Nagasaki, huh? You truly are a devious fellow.}

[Aradia stops and leaps back onto Vince's head as a headband.]

{Sorry. Got carried away.}

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
DarkMoonINC's picture

Leepina

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[Leepina is still shaken.]

Sure. I- I.... yeah. Sure. Follow me.

[She leads them towards the main staircase.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet
Jack of Spades's picture

Xander Frost

Combat: 
--
Magic: 
--
Influence: 
--
Else: 
--

[All that listening and talking people are expecting of him, isn't really happening. He's not stopping to talk. He's dragging Lynn and Dill behind him as he makes a break for the walls. He's not stopping to plan or think this out. He's not thinking or reasoning at this point. He's in panic mode and he's running for it.]

GOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGO! [He yells as he takes off for the exit. his feet alternating between WHAP WHAP sounds and FLUMP PLAMPH, as he alternates between hard surfaces and carpeted ones.]

Give Kudos: 
0
No kudos given yet

Pages

Use of this site implies agreement with the Terms of Use. This is our Privacy Policy. Questions? Contact me.
© Marco Leon 2012 Drupal Theme based on "Decayed" by moldham.